Minnesota wrestling program with drug allegations

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Ole J releasing his own statement is a sure sign he's done at Minnesota.

The first question that comes to mind is whether they can lure the NC State coach.

Hope the staff hits Minny hard this summer.

Rather

Jul 21, 2014
That quantity of pills. Where the hell do you get that many prescription pills illegally? There's either some big time exaggeration happening or selling the pills is only half the story.

Clonefan34

May 16, 2016
That quantity of pills. Where the hell do you get that many prescription pills illegally? There's either some big time exaggeration happening or selling the pills is only half the story.
People get fake prescriptions and they sell it.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Not sure if serious.

Rather

Jul 21, 2014
People get fake prescriptions and they sell it.

How many people would have to be going to the doctor for you so that you could have an ongoing, long- running operation with a couple thousand pills worth of inventory?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I have no idea how anyone finds anything recreational about Xanax. It's a sleeping pill in my experience. That's the only reason I've ever taken one (unable to sleep), and I was out in 10 minutes.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I guess "illicit drug selling ring" is one way to get around the 9.9 scholarship limit.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And **** got real. Banned from campus, his house got searched and his personal computer was seized.

http://www.startribune.com/j-robinson-placed-on-paid-administrative-leave-by-mark-coyle/381532691/

Coyle’s [the new AD] letter to Robinson, obtained by the Star Tribune, says, “The University had hoped to interview you regarding the [wrestling team’s drug concerns]. … However, you have notified the University through your attorney that you would not agree to be interviewed. If you change your mind, please let me know.”

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I'd trust the media sources before I'd believe an agent. Plus the student wrestler sources are the ones who earlier talked with the police. It was the news folks leading this. They are just following up on the police investigation.

I wouldn't. The media these days is complete Dog ****. See: Rolling Stone UVA rape, Duke Lacrosse team. Like Dukes Lacrosse coach, JRob will probably lose his job. Duke Coach stood by his guys instead of throwing them under the bus. He didn't and got the boot.

Its all fun and games until it happens to your school and your coach.

Unfortunetly the damage is done whether this report is true or not.

PD2

Feb 14, 2016
Baltimore, MD
I wouldn't. The media these days is complete Dog ****. See: Rolling Stone UVA rape, Duke Lacrosse team. Like Dukes Lacrosse coach, JRob will probably lose his job. Duke Coach stood by his guys instead of throwing them under the bus. He didn't and got the boot.

Its all fun and games until it happens to your school and your coach.

Unfortunetly the damage is done whether this report is true or not.

Well said. I have lived through this crap. People these days can't see past their noses and believe whatever they read or see on tv. I hope JRob prevails.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
What he did seems pretty cut and dry. He found out what was going on, confiscated the pills, and made the guys involved write an essay about what they did wrong. Then he stonewalled anything from the police or administration. The question is whether they decide to let him off or make an example of how coaches can't rule programs without oversight. If I were a betting man I'd guess they'll allow him to resign given how long he's been there and how much success he's given the program. He won't coach again at Minn but they won't ban him from being affiliated with the university/program.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron