Missing Student -- ISU ALERT

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009
Thanks. This post made me google "midwest smiley face killers." That's like another disturbing episode of Criminal Minds right there. I, too, hope that they aren't involved.

Do people suspect they were involved in the student drowning a couple years ago? Had never heard of this group before either.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
they are searching Lake LaVerne now..

Not good! Usually they wait a few days before searching places where they won't find him alive.

edit

Its sad, but when they put that announcement out, first thing i thought was 'probably should check the lake'. :no:

As I kind of hinted at above, when searching for a missing person, you use your manpower to find him or her alive- if they are in the lake they are not alive. Most of us thought that Bolanos was probably in the lake from the start; but if he had been alive somewhere, to search the lake would have taken resources that could have been used elsewhere.

Last edited:

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
With as many incidents surrounding the lake, do they need to install cameras or have a campus security post near the lake?

wags

Dec 13, 2008
DSM
Just going by what I heard, but they aren't searching the lake. The fire deparment is doing fireman training.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
#1 That's gotta be DAMN cold.
#2 in a case like that, you'da hoped somebody would see the footprints sooner because the only ways into the lake are where the aerators are.

Unfortunately he has been missing for 8 days and there was a blizzard on Monday. Any footprints would be gone.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
Just going by what I heard, but they aren't searching the lake. The fire deparment is doing fireman training.

This would actually make some sense because when I drove by this morning there was a cyride parked next to all of the emergency vehicles. Maybe they were using the cyride for a heated staging area for the training?