Missing Student -- ISU ALERT

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Iowa State University student is missing; police seek assistance | www.news.iastate.edu

Just got the text and phone message from ISU police. Hope somebody out there can give any sort of tip...

...Jonathan Lacina, 21, was last seen leaving 300 Stanton Ave. at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 22. Friends and family have not seen or heard from Jon Lacina since that time. Lacina's father, Tom, called ISU Police to report him missing at 8:39 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 30.

He is a white male, 5 feet 11 inches, 155 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes. He was last seen wearing a black coat and blue jeans...

Anyone who has had contact with, or information about Lacina since Jan. 22 should call immediately call ISU Police at (515) 294-4428, or 911 from any campus phone.

lacina.jpg

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Me, too.

I'm curious, because I don't know much about this sort of thing, but that article makes it sound like no one has seen him in 8 days. Is there a reason this doesn't come out sooner?
Lacina's father, Tom, called ISU Police to report him missing at 8:39 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 30.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I think it didn't come out sooner because his dad didn't report him missing until this morning. The police can't search for someone they don't know is missing.

He surely has pretty close friends at ISU (roommates?!), and if I didn't hear from some of my friends for 1 day or 2 I'd start to wonder, after 2 days I'd probably report it.

ISUser

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2009
Topeka, KS
According to the story he wasn't reported missing until today. Strange that he would be gone 7 days before someone reports it to the police.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
If he did not usually talk to his family every week, this is very plausible
Parents could have started looking for him last week checking with friends, etc.

Hope it ends well.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think it didn't come out sooner because his dad didn't report him missing until this morning. The police can't search for someone they don't know is missing.

His dad didn't, but I'm assuming that his dad doesn't live at the address listed, since that's right by campus. I'm also assuming that he doesn't live alone there, since college students tend not to live alone. Nobody noticed for 8 days that they hadn't seen this young man?

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
I hope and pray for the best. I can see how the father would not know he was missing. We have 2 sons at Iowa State and talk to them about once a week. How would someone else not know - roommates, freinds!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I hope and pray for the best. I can see how the father would not know he was missing. We have 2 sons at Iowa State and talk to them about once a week. How would someone else not know - roommates, freinds!

I can see the father not knowing. That makes sense to me.

But nobody in his apartment, or building, or classes, or anywhere knows that he's missing for 8 days? That's a little odd.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM

Maybe the friends assumed he went home. Or maybe the friends didn't know how to contact the parents and didn't feel it was their responsibility to go to the police.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Just cross referenced ISU Directory with Buchanan's floor plan. It was indeed a single room. Hopefully this ends well.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yeah, actually. They're mostly (if not all) single rooms from my understanding.
Ok, so it wouldn't be that hard to be gone and have nobody know, IMO. If he wasn't very social and didn't meet a lot of his neighbors or have a lot of friends, he could have disappeared and nobody may have known until now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron