Mizzou to SEC "inevitable and imminent"

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
...per Pete Thamel at the New York Times:

PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel
BREAKING: Missouri's application to the SEC is "inevitable and imminent." nyti.ms/pYNXem

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Really wondered after seeing that the Big 12 logos were taken off Faurot Field. Oh well. We'll be better off if we can replace them with BYU or Louisville. Get a team that we can beat. If MU leaves I bet we move to 12 to make this conference look solidified.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Really wondered after seeing that the Big 12 logos were taken off Faurot Field. Oh well. We'll be better off if we can replace them with BYU or Louisville. Get a team that we can beat. If MU leaves I bet we move to 12 to make this conference look solidified.

I'd read more into that than I should if Iowa State had the Big 12 logo on it's football field the last decade or so... :SLEEP:

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
...per Pete Thamel at the New York Times:

PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel
BREAKING: Missouri's application to the SEC is "inevitable and imminent." nyti.ms/pYNXem

Good Bye . . good riddance.

I have never held Missouri to be an elite program . . . hope they enjoy being the SEC's new favorite chew toy.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'd read more into that than I should if Iowa State had the Big 12 logo on it's football field the last decade or so... :SLEEP:

I don't understand how you don't get this. When you discuss conference realignment, evidence and information don't matter. Random twitter posts from guys that throw garbage against the wall are what matters.

I thought the megathread meant something. You're really ruining the hard work of a billion posters.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Add them to my list of teams I root against....

Nebraska
Colorado
A&M
Utah
Syracuse
Pitt
Hope they all die a slow sports death.......Would be funny if a couple years these teams are not relavant...

Some of these teams are well on there way...lol

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I don't understand how you don't get this. When you discuss conference realignment, evidence and information don't matter. Random twitter posts from guys that throw garbage against the wall are what matters.

I thought the megathread meant something. You're really ruining the hard work of a billion posters.

I'm not saying Mizzou isn't gone by the end of the week - they may very well be. But it has nothing to do with the fact that Mizzou no longer has the Big 12 logo on their field.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't get all this railing against twitter. Again, consider the source, not the medium.

That's been the problem. People don't consider the source, and continually post the latest tweet as though these idiots are authoritative.

As we've seen with recruiting, the right sources on twitter are very informative. On conference realignment, twitter is just a constant and annoying source of misinformation.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't get all this railing against twitter. Again, consider the source, not the medium.

Agreed. Two things ive tended to look at- a twitter poster's overall reliability, and where their sources come from. For instance, when it comes to Texas stuff, texas-affiliated sources are usually your best bet, but they may not be your best bet when it comes to Missouri related stuff, and vice versa.

There are some posters that have been very reliable in their 'home' areas, but not so reliable when they stretch beyond those.

Reactions: cyfanatic

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
I love how all these teams brag about all this history blah blah blah and then turn their backs on true history and one of the best football conferences out there! Wow Bye don't let the door hit ya on way out .... I think you may regret your choice.Truly Money that rules all of the values too...Wish we would add couple other teams and be done with it!

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown

Agreed. Pete Thamel is one of the best college sports writers in the country, so I do pay attention to what he writes. At the same time, this thing so fluid that it may be true when they tweet it, but it changes hours later.

Reactions: cyfanatic

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Really really hope this pushes Big 12 to go to 12 teams.

West Virginia, Louisville, and hopefully BYU but if not I'll take Cincinnati

And if we somehow do a straight North/South divisional alignment as well I will **** myself with joy.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Really really hope this pushes Big 12 to go to 12 teams.West Virginia, Louisville, and hopefully BYU but if not I'll take CincinnatiAnd if we somehow do a straight North/South divisional alignment as well I will **** myself with joy.

This. ISU needs to have the extra non conference game to consistently be bowl eligible.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Am I the only one who prefers Cincy to BYU at this point?

I'm really sick of BYU's attitude and think Cincy has some interesting potential. It's a big market (although BYU brings a nation-wide following) in very good recruiting grounds. I think they have the potential to really grow their fan following. Ohio is a big state, and there's a lot of room to pick up tOSU fringe fans and grow that program. Especially with a Big 12 slate coming to town.

Plus, it would be a more entertaining/easier road trip.

Reactions: PabloDiablo

Help Support Us

Become a patron