Mizzou's Horton arrested for assault

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
From ESPN
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri guard Jason Horton was arrested Friday on an assault charge connected to a weekend brawl that left his teammate with a broken jaw.

The 21-year-old Horton faces a charge of third-degree misdemeanor assault on an unidentified 26-year-old man in connection with the early-morning fight at the Athena nightclub in downtown Columbia.

The Jan. 27 incident left senior Stefhon Hannah, the Tigers' leading scorer the past two seasons, with a broken jaw. Hannah is out at least one month and could miss the rest of the season.

Horton was arrested at his off-campus apartment Friday afternoon, taken to police headquarters and released on a summons to appear in court.

In addition to the victim, another witness identified Horton as punching the victim "multiple times" in the face, Capt. Brad Nelson, investigative commander for the Columbia Police Department, said. Horton was not defending Hannah or any of his other teammates, Nelson said.
Nice.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Hawkeye football players take note. Mizzou has just raised the stakes.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Can anyone picture any of our current men's basketball players getting into a fight? I don't think so... It makes me proud to have McDermott as our coach when you think of not only the talent he brings in, but also the fact that each player is a respectable human being.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Can anyone picture any of our current men's basketball players getting into a fight? I don't think so... It makes me proud to have McDermott as our coach when you think of not only the talent he brings in, but also the fact that each player is a respectable human being.

Peterson looks like a bad a--. Dont mess with him.

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Wow! Mike Anderson really needs to get control of his team. Granted not all of these student/athletes all came under him but they are now under his guidance. A basketball program would be a lot easier that a football program. You don't have near as many kids to watch over.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Wow! Mike Anderson really needs to get control of his team. Granted not all of these student/athletes all came under him but they are now under his guidance. A basketball program would be a lot easier that a football program. You don't have near as many kids to watch over.

Quinn Snyder has nothing on Mike Anderson.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
This sounds like what should be coming around to K-State in the short-term with Andre Gilbert, but then again they've done an amazing job keeping that under wraps right now... maybe they think it will just go away?

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I could see Jiri talking a lot of smack and then running away as fast as he could.