NBA: Monte Morris - Summer and the I. Thomas signing

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Monte had a nice game again. He was able to pad his stats a bit in the final minute of the game with the outcome all but decided. He hit two of his 3's and had 2 FT's during that stretch. Last year they signed Monte right after the summer league. I wonder if he will know that quickly this year if he is getting a guaranteed deal.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets' final summer league game is Friday, July 13 at 8pm ET / 7pm vs. Minnesota.on ESPNU.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Monte being such a grinder and ball control freak of nature will allow him to really thrive during the NBA regular season. The talent is always there whether it's playoffs or regular season but it's only human nature in a 115-ish game season to have lapses of attention

I really think if he were to consistently get 10-15 a game they'd be blown away by how consistent he'll be in that role.

ISUTKD

Nov 9, 2009
Portland
If Monte doesn't get a guaranteed contract, the Nuggets are dicks for how much they've been giving him love on Twitter

Any promotion that gets Monte a good contract with Denver or anyone else is a positive thing, so I can't see how Denver would be dicks for using their platform to boost MM.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Nuggets signed Isaiah Thomas to a veteran's minimum deal, likely closing the door for Monte. That really sucks. Hopefully another team is willing to give him a shot

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Nuggets signed Isaiah Thomas to a veteran's minimum deal, likely closing the door for Monte. That really sucks. Hopefully another team is willing to give him a shot

That’s so ******* dumb of them. Thomas hasn’t been good for a while and it’s not like Monte is some sort of risk.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Phoenix would be a perfect spot for Monte not sure what other teams are out there that need a back up pg at this stage, obviously injuries are going to happen though.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

Booo! I like the deal as a Nuggets fan because they desperately need scoring off the bench with Barton moving in to the starting lineup. The Nuggets coach is defensive-minded so I wonder if Monte didn’t show enough on defense to be a huge upgrade over Thomas.