More snow/ice headed our way...

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Campus is lovely when they apparently forget to scrape off the ice...:skeptical:

Used to love watching people biff it on the ice when I was in school. The best were the geniuses who thought they should still ride their 10 speed to class after an ice storm. Saw some monumental wipe outs....

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Like a guy riding his bike next to Lake Laverne, sliding off to the right (was going north) and right into the lake?

Yeah, that was a good time, nearly fell down myself laughing so hard.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Used to love watching people biff it on the ice when I was in school. The best were the geniuses who thought they should still ride their 10 speed to class after an ice storm. Saw some monumental wipe outs....

I loved the hill between the Memorial Union and Old RCA. That was fun to go up and down in the winter.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I loved the hill between the Memorial Union and Old RCA. That was fun to go up and down in the winter.

That is where I saw some of the best ones, lived in old RCA my freshman year.

Down at the bottom of that hill there is an old bridge that used to hold big puddles. People would get drenched by cars down there as well. HILARIOUS.

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
looks like a high potential for no work for me.. Forecasting a good chance to go slay some four legged forest roaming beings

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Already getting a dose of the freezing rain here in Kansas City. The deck and the driveway are already skating rinks. Heads up to those of you to the north, this one looks like it means business.

Planning on working from my couch tomorrow. :)

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I really hope it doesn't get to bad... I am in Rochester MN... Coming home tomorrow... :eek:

Ooh, there's a really good barbecue place in Rochester... John Hardy's, I think?? Make sure to get some before you leave! I have been up there several times for work, and hit there every time!

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
NOTE TO POTENTIAL RECRUITS:

These people are all kidding. It's actually supposed to be 77 and sunny tomorrow.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
When is this all going to start? Not looking like anything in central Iowa yet.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Just took the dog out. Nothing here at all yet.

I wish I was a weather-person. The only job where you can be wrong all of the time and blame it on something else.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Its moving in slash developing right now, from the looks of this system I think the amounts of precip will be higher than anticipated. What form it'll fall in freezing rain, sleet or snow I have no idea. A very moisture laden system.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Its moving in slash developing right now, from the looks of this system I think the amounts of precip will be higher than anticipated. What form it'll fall in freezing rain, sleet or snow I have no idea. A very moisture laden system.

But, the real question is when will it get here?

MrsWx4Cy

Dec 5, 2007
Just took the dog out. Nothing here at all yet.

I wish I was a weather-person. The only job where you can be wrong all of the time and blame it on something else.

Why you gotta be like that? We had lunch together and everything:wink:

At the risk of sounding rude... does anyone say that to you at your job everyday? Exactly what was I wrong about?

Last edited:

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I'll take the under on that, I bet Des Moines starts seeing light precip around 10pm, possibly before(the radar can be deceptive sometimes and say its raining/snowing when its not).