Most Dominant Mascot - Regional Final

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Well so much for keeping the votes low. Fine, SUU wants a fight? We'll give it to them. Let's blow them away and keep going until Friday. They'll never even have a chance!

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I have been following all of these threads.......based on the terminology used, time spent, and passion for this contest, I am suprised no one has sent each of our competitors a formal declaration of war.

Keep up the good work!

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
All right, please forgive me if I made a mistake in my math (math is not my strength), but based on the numbers that I can find, here is what has been happening...

As of Sunday at 7:30 p.m.:
ISU - 86%
SUU - 14%
Total votes - 62,979

As of Monday at 1:45 p.m.:
ISU - 74%
SUU - 26%
Total Votes - 87,684

What that means:

Friday through Sunday (48 hours)
ISU - 1130 votes/hour
SUU - 184 votes/hour

Sunday through Monday (18 hours)
ISU - 596/hour
SUU - 778/hour

What does this mean? We have dropped to half of our previous pace while voters for SUU (and possibly others that want us to lose) have increased their voting by a factor of 4 in the last 18 hours. At a minimum we need to continue voting at the pace we have been for the past hour or so just to stay ahead. If we don't do that, we might find ourselves out of the competition.

I hope that all makes sense (and I hope that I got the math right). Keep voting!

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Good research, wolverine. I don't know what's going on, but I'm having trouble voting. I'm using the enter-button method, but I can only get it to work for about 30 seconds per time before I get a time-out message from the CBS server. It seems like there's so much voting going on between the battles that it's bringing their server to its knees. It's not quite crashing, but it wouldn't take too much more for that to happen...

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
Good research, wolverine. I don't know what's going on, but I'm having trouble voting. I'm using the enter-button method, but I can only get it to work for about 30 seconds per time before I get a time-out message from the CBS server. It seems like there's so much voting going on between the battles that it's bringing their server to its knees. It's not quite crashing, but it wouldn't take too much more for that to happen...

I'm having the same problem (probably because of MSU and Wyoming). But as long as we're having this problem, anyone voting for SUU should be having the same difficulty too...

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
3:02 PM Spartans/Cowboys have 679092 votes. You have got to be kidding me. When we face either of these teams we will need all of our resources. Jimminy Christmas...

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
I'm beginning to think that winner of this "Tournament" will not be painted in a positive light.

Last edited:

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
3:02 PM Spartans/Cowboys have 679092 votes. You have got to be kidding me. When we face either of these teams we will need all of our resources. Jimminy Christmas...
Both schools have been publicizing this pretty hard to the students/faculty, alumni mailing lists, ticketholders, and local and state media. Iowa State has done none of that, except for a pair of emails sent to the students early in the contest. We need to get in contact with the athletic department and let them know that there are people working on this, and that we have a chance to win if we can get more people to help. This has to get out there, or we may not be able to win.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I can't get either of those scores to show up. Even with cookies on, both our fight and theirs lets me keep voting...