Most Dominant Mascot - Regional Final

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
5:20pm

Still up 76-24; 96,684 votes. Looks like things are slowing down for a bit. Either people are losing interest for the afternoon, or the ISU/SUU folks are sick of dealing the MSU/Wyo slowing everything down...

gocyclones

Aug 3, 2006
858,496 votes in the Wyoming/Michigan State contest at 7:08PM...wow! 54% Michigan State 45% Wyoming.

Cyano

Nov 16, 2006
Des Moines
This might help explain SUU run lately, kind of hard to believe they would waste their time on us considering the battle they are currently in...bad news is that we have caught their attention

"Southern Utah is getting crushed by Iowa State, but there's only 70,000 or so votes in. If/When you're taking a break from voting for MSU you should help Southern Utah pulll out the win. That way, when we beat Wyoming and face Southern Utah, it'll be an easy win because we know they'll get no votes!"

if you didn't see it when I posted it before, you can check this out for your amusement: CBS Mascot Poll: Spartans versus Cowboys (link in first post) - Page 14 - SpartanTailgate.com - Michigan State Spartans Forums

From reading their message board it sounds like both Wyoming and MSU are taping the enter button down or placing objects on the enter button and leaving their computers to vote...sounds like cheating to me. They should both be dqed!

Fletch

Apr 10, 2006
This might help explain SUU run lately, kind of hard to believe they would waste their time on us considering the battle they are currently in...bad news is that we have caught their attention

"Southern Utah is getting crushed by Iowa State, but there's only 70,000 or so votes in. If/When you're taking a break from voting for MSU you should help Southern Utah pulll out the win. That way, when we beat Wyoming and face Southern Utah, it'll be an easy win because we know they'll get no votes!"

if you didn't see it when I posted it before, you can check this out for your amusement: CBS Mascot Poll: Spartans versus Cowboys (link in first post) - Page 14 - SpartanTailgate.com - Michigan State Spartans Forums

From reading their message board it sounds like both Wyoming and MSU are taping the enter button down or placing objects on the enter button and leaving their computers to vote...sounds like cheating to me. They should both be dqed!

I am wondering if we should get in the game with WY? Even if we don't win it all, I would much rather lose to WY that those @#$@#$@# at MSU!!!!

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I am wondering if we should get in the game with WY?
I've been thinking the same thing. I'm not really interested in one of them winning it over the other, but if we keep helping the loser catch up and make sure its a close race between them, it'll keep them out of our fight. A little preemptive action, eh? Though, I'm not sure that we can make a dent in their fight, not unless we get more than two dozen Cyclones voting...

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006

Yeah, no kidding. That's the physical version of a script. It's doing the exact same thing.... voting for you so you don't have to be at the computer to actually vote.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Yeah, no kidding. That's the physical version of a script. It's doing the exact same thing.... voting for you so you don't have to be at the computer to actually vote.
And yet it is acceptable in this poll. CBS is perfectly aware of both that and the tab-voting methods, and doesn't care. I don't want to take the time to find it again, but Darin Darst commented on the Wyo boards basically saying he was cool with it. Gotta keep up with the Joneses, so to speak.

lennon3

Apr 11, 2006
Can someone explain to me the technique everyone is using in details for getting the most votes? What does everyone mean by radiobutton.... I disabled cookies and now what?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Lenon,
What I did was clicked on the Iowa State option, then hit "Tab" until the "Submit" button was highlighted, then just hold down "enter"

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
I got bored, what do you think?
twister.jpg

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Does anyone else find it funny that just two threads have used the phrase "Michigan State" so much that it's changed all the Google ads for the entire site?

clone11

Jul 12, 2006
No go Spartans. Are you insane? How can you ever say go Spartans? We were suppossed to be National Champions in 2000. National Champs! I never, ever want anyone to say go Spartans. And what do you mean Wyoming is a bigger fish? It's not the size of the state we're talking about here. Sorryto sound harsh, but what are you thinking? You weren't

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
No go Spartans. Are you insane? How can you ever say go Spartans? We were suppossed to be National Champions in 2000. National Champs! I never, ever want anyone to say go Spartans. And what do you mean Wyoming is a bigger fish? It's not the size of the state we're talking about here. Sorryto sound harsh, but what are you thinking? You weren't
... Huh?

I don't know what you're looking at; nobody here has said any of those things...:baffled5wh:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
3:02 PM Spartans/Cowboys have 679092 votes. You have got to be kidding me. When we face either of these teams we will need all of our resources. Jimminy Christmas...

As of 2:53 PM today (about 24 hours since your numbers), there are 1,204,975 total votes. That is an increase of 525,883 in 1 day. Or about 365 votes per minute for 24 straight hours. Wow.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
... Huh?

I don't know what you're looking at; nobody here has said any of those things...:baffled5wh:

Must have had a NCAA 2000 flashback out of nowhere. I have had one before. If I even see a green basketball uni on TV I go into an rant filled with enough curse words to make the cast of Deadwood blush.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
There is a warning on the MSU/Wyoming page about cookin' the votes, I kinda hope it bites BOTH of them in the keester.

A million votes is ridiculous.......