Mouser the new OC

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Is Mouser just "Campbell's guy" (not unlike the situation in Iowa City)? Or is Mouser his own man in terms of the offense (not unlike Heacock is for our defense)?

• Dumb
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Is Mouser just "Campbell's guy" (not unlike the situation in Iowa City)? Or is Mouser his own man in terms of the offense (not unlike Heacock is for our defense)?
It's definitely a safe, won't rock the boat hire. Makes a ton of sense with what we have coming back and the timing of NS departing, plus it fits Campbell's style.

Roehl is interesting, he put up big Numbers at ndsu but even as a former player, he wasn't really popular with their fans. A lot of criticism for being a predictable and undisciplined offense. I wanna say he was let go? Or it was assumed he wouldn't be brought back so he left for Tennessee State. Might be nice for him to get some new scenery, NDSU has set an insanely high standard. He feels like a Campbell type of guy.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's definitely a safe, won't rock the boat hire. Makes a ton of sense with what we have coming back and the timing of NS departing, plus it fits Campbell's style.

Roehl is interesting, he put up big Numbers at ndsu but even as a former player, he wasn't really popular with their fans. A lot of criticism for being a predictable and undisciplined offense. I wanna say he was let go? Or it was assumed he wouldn't be brought back so he left for Tennessee State. Might be nice for him to get some new scenery, NDSU has set an insanely high standard. He feels like a Campbell type of guy.

He wasn’t let go. He probably left since he didn’t get the head job.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone and bozclone

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015

So he is a low standard guy?

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
…..Roehl is interesting, he put up big Numbers at ndsu but even as a former player, he wasn't really popular with their fans. A lot of criticism for being a predictable and undisciplined offense. I wanna say he was let go? Or it was assumed he wouldn't be brought back so he left for Tennessee State. Might be nice for him to get some new scenery, NDSU has set an insanely high standard. He feels like a Campbell type of guy.
Roehl’s offense was roughly 300 ypg at TSU. Only one season, and no idea what he had at QB, but they didn't pass for much.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Geez, just came across this photo, Adm. Nimitz awarding the Navy Cross (only second to the Medal of Honor) to Doris "Dori" MIller following the attack on Pearl Harbor. Miller fought above and beyond what is expected of any warrior during the Japanese attack.

It tickles the hell out of me that the next U.S. Ford Class super carrier is named the Doris Miller.
Lt Mauser in Police Academy.

View attachment 124636

Thanks. But I'm gonna have to google.

Attachments

• 1708997841212.png
    1708997841212.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Every impression was that Scheelhaase held the vast majority of the reins last season. I see no reason to expect it to be any different with Mouser.

Reactions: CyValley

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
CMC’s offense can work just fine, especially with the proper players of course. One big problem with it/Manning though was the plays called. When you call the same plays every play or every few plays, the defense can figure that out pretty quick. Especially when you don’t have said players to execute it properly like years past.

If Mouser has more say in the offense like Nate had, I’m sure we’ll be just fine. Personally I prefer OC’s who are former QB’s and/or QB coaches, but TE background is at least better than OL. He can still work with the TE’s, or they can do some work with the OL or WR coaches as well.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Who dat? Here are my three favorite OC candidates (since you're during a uniformed guy):

Gen. Chesty Puller, the most famous Marine. Chesty was an innovator, such as in the South Pacific in WWII, when his people came under sniper fire at night, he would light a cigarette, drop and roll and Marines would take out the sniper. He did lots of unusual stuff like this. And in Korea, at the Chosin Reservoir, wow.

View attachment 124627

Adm. Chester Nimitz, the gutsy dude who sent the weak American force in June 1942 against the powerful Japanese fleet at Midway. No gambler ever won bigger, the turning point in the Pacific war. He went on to lead the greatest fleet in world history (imagine a football running game) to pound the hell out of the enemy.

View attachment 124629

Gen. Patton. A perfect running game coordinator, right?

View attachment 124630
I like the grumpy looking old white one.
I'm sure glad they were all grumpy!
IMHO, it's grumpiness and old that are the key factors. Heh.
Now we need this young pup to be our 1st offensive signee, I think he's a slot-back
a1 audiemurhpy.jpg

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
He wasn’t let go. He probably left since he didn’t get the head job.

Wasn't it reported that he was one of two finalists? Also, read an article that to take steps upward it was advised he move onward, broaden his experience. Maybe these points aren't accurate, don't know.

> . . . predictable and undisciplined offense <

Whoosh. Such huge numbers of offense during his NDSU days. Fans wanted more passing to relieve the boredom, maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Wasn't it reported that he was one of two finalists? Also, read an article that to take steps upward it was advised he move onward, broaden his experience. Maybe these points aren't accurate, don't know.

> . . . predictable and undisciplined offense < Whoosh. Such huge numbers of offense during his NDSU days. Fans wanted more passing to relieve the boredom, maybe? <
If it ain't broke, ....

Reactions: CyValley