movie i watched last night

AntiSnob

Mar 1, 2009
i was watching this movie last night called "Big Fish"? Have any of you guys seen it?

Anyways, after I was done watching it, I was like "such a movie already exists, its called Forest Gump"

Reactions: Phaedrus

cybear52

Dec 5, 2008
Ames
funny two great movies although Forest Gump is better because he does all these great things and he dosnt even realize it so you never stop cheering for him

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Big Fish is about fantasy, relationship with his father, and coming to terms with a parent you never were happy with...

Forrest Gump is about a happy go lucky guy who does all of these amazing things against all odds...

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I loved Big Fish.

The "Gentleman Liar" is a tradition in the south. I know a man who does this very thing. I really, really look forward to my occasional visits with him.

You have to understand, that the son was reacting against/not understanding the tradition. Everyone knows the Liar isn't telling a true story; he's just telling an "interesting" story. He usually sits in some semi-public place, and everyone who wants to hear the story, can sit and hear it.

Loved; absolutely loved the movie. And in the end the son finally "got it" and became a "gentleman liar" himself. Or is that "hisself"?

jimmy22

Mar 1, 2008
I loved Big Fish.

The "Gentleman Liar" is a tradition in the south. I know a man who does this very thing. I really, really look forward to my occasional visits with him.

You have to understand, that the son was reacting against/not understanding the tradition. Everyone knows the Liar isn't telling a true story; he's just telling an "interesting" story. He usually sits in some semi-public place, and everyone who wants to hear the story, can sit and hear it.

Loved; absolutely loved the movie. And in the end the son finally "got it" and became a "gentleman liar" himself. Or is that "hisself"?

I also loved this movie. Actually watched it on a ferry between Portsmouth, England and Oustriham, France, believe it or not. It was shortly after the death of my father, so I got pretty emotional during the finale.

Loved the part where they are dancing on the main street and Steve Buscemi's character is trying to butt in on the dance!