Idea: Music Forum?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Any chance we can get a Music forum?

It would be great to have an official forum to share music and thoughts. We've got some good off topic threads already, but it would be nice to have a home for all of them.

Maybe put a moratorium on entrance music threads though :wink:

Thanks!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Seems like a good idea as long as any discussion of stadium music is taboo. Maybe can get some synergy with the beer forum to pair your beer with your music.:spinny:

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
Seems like a good idea as long as any discussion of stadium music is taboo. Maybe can get some synergy with the beer forum to pair your beer with your music.:spinny:

Busch Light and non-douchey country music while swinging a hammer, you're welcome

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Busch Light and non-douchey country music while swinging a hammer, you're welcome

See, this is where the whole thing falls apart. The people who don't like doosh country will hound the doosh country guys (let's be honest, that's all guys), who will get in their big diesel trucks and roll coal on this *****, then the death metal fans will come in with brass knuckles and start kicking all sorts of ***, then the country folks will get their .30-06's out, which will bring the gansta rap folks out with the 9's....and eventually the forum either gets shut down, or everyone has to have their own forum.

:pwink:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

First one to post a thread about Sweet Caroline gets a 2 week ban.

Same goes for Smoke on the Water.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
See, this is where the whole thing falls apart. The people who don't like doosh country will hound the doosh country guys (let's be honest, that's all guys), who will get in their big diesel trucks and roll coal on this *****, then the death metal fans will come in with brass knuckles and start kicking all sorts of ***, then the country folks will get their .30-06's out, which will bring the gansta rap folks out with the 9's....and eventually the forum either gets shut down, or everyone has to have their own forum.

Can't we all just get along?

I have no problem with Country threads as long as they respect my hip-hop and alternative threads.

If we create a new species of music trolls we can have mods deal with them.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA

expecting people respect other people's opinions and views? good luck with that

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'd just love to be able to post songs that I love for others to enjoy and talk about. It would be fun. We can have threads dedicated to specific genres, Pandora Stations, New Music...

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Can't we all just get along?

I have no problem with Country threads as long as they respect my hip-hop and alternative threads.

If we create a new species of music trolls we can have mods deal with them.

Honestly, I don't have a genre of music that I dislike.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I'd just love to be able to post songs that I love for others to enjoy and talk about. It would be fun. We can have threads dedicated to specific genres, Pandora Stations, New Music...
I would actually love a thread of nothing but random youtube videos of new songs people find. All different genres of music even.

even better, Pandora vs Spotify. I do not like that Pandora

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Honestly, I don't have a genre of music that I dislike.

The only genre I really can't get into is modern country. I know and enjoy a LOT of old school country from listening to it with my dad.

And, whoever was the best wrestler in HS got to pick the music. That guy kicked my *** and played old school country all day.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Any chance we can get a Music forum?

It would be great to have an official forum to share music and thoughts. We've got some good off topic threads already, but it would be nice to have a home for all of them.

Maybe put a moratorium on entrance music threads though :wink:

Thanks!

Seems like this has been brought up before and CW had a reason (which I can't remember) why it wouldn't happen. And then they created the "Beer" forum.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

For me it's more like: as long as we keep stadium music off the main board and in the music forum it is ok with me. :smile:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Seems like this has been brought up before and CW had a reason (which I can't remember) why it wouldn't happen. And then they created the "Beer" forum.

If there's a reason, I'll understand. I'm sure it's been brought up before, but maybe with the new site back end and layout it will be more conducive to new forums.

I think the Beer forum is very similar in concept.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I have a friend at work that listens to Vietnamese Pop music all day. Kind of interesting, but can't understand a single word. I ask him what they're singing about; boyfriend, girlfriend, same old stuff as Country. Me I like 19th century opera, want to start a forum?