Idea: Music Forum?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Come on KC, a little Earth, Wind, & Fire or Hot Chocolate? Donna Summer's "Last Dance" was my karaoke jam back when I still had some upper range.

Oh, there's a few songs here & there that I don't mind, but you said genre. As a whole, I dislike the genre. And apologies to my CF son, but I'm not a fan of rap, hiphopp, alternative or punk. I like the type of music I can sing along with, and that doesn't happen when you can't even understand the words.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Oh, there's a few songs here & there that I don't mind, but you said genre. As a whole, I dislike the genre. And apologies to my CF son, but I'm not a fan of rap, hiphopp, alternative or punk. I like the type of music I can sing along with, and that doesn't happen when you can't even understand the words.

I just view some of that as modern scat. And yea, I even like scat.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Honestly, I don't have a genre of music that I dislike.

This is close to my view.

Obviously, there are musical forms I prefer over others or audible styles I'm more likely to seek, given a choice. ... I think that's typical. ....

Some of the fascination, for me, is where our tastes overlap, what "styles" we assume we don't have to hear, sounds we embrace. (and many of these discussions we've address already on CF).

And so on.

Yeah ... CF having a Music Forum is probably going to get some action.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

You can sing along with hip hop, it just takes a little more dedication to learn all the lyrics.

Alternative covers a lot more than you probably think it does as well. Lots of songs to sing there.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You can sing along with hip hop, it just takes a little more dedication to learn all the lyrics.

Alternative covers a lot more than you probably think it does as well. Lots of songs to sing there.

I think our definitions of "sing" may be just a bit different. Two of my guys played mostly hip hop & rap, one was deep into heavy metal. I heard more bass than anything else out of their stereos. If I could go back in time and find the person who invented the bass boost button I would cheerfully strangle them. :)

Co-worker kept her radio on alternative back in the day. I was underwhelmed. Maybe she defined it differently.

It's okay if you don't like some of my music or I don't like some of yours...if we all liked the same kind of music, there wouldn't be any variety at all. :)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

I listen to the alternative radio station quite a bit and things I wouldn't really think are alternative are on there all of the time, such as RHCP.