Must be nice….

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
We would have the same number of wins if we were in the Big 10 West.
......but nebraska has been missing bowl games since 2016. I want to sell red balloons at their next bowl game in 5 ot 6 years....that will make money-maker. All those suburban brats wanting to re-live their childhood now that they are grown up.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
We would have the same number of wins we do right now if we were in the Big 10 West.
I think Iowa state would have between 2-3 more wins (assuming you just swapped their conference schedule with Iowa). I think they’d beat Rutgers and northwestern, and probably one of Purdue or Minnesota. I think they would lose to Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, and Wisconsin

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It would be nice to have the luck of Iowa. Every game they get a couple turnovers where the ball goes directly to a defender that is nowhere near the play. If a pass gets batted in the air, you can be sure it is going right to an Iowa defender, in stride.

They pursue the ball very well and generally have several players around the play.

ISU had plenty of chances to win just as many games and screwed themselves in the process.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I think Iowa state would have between 2-3 more wins (assuming you just swapped their conference schedule with Iowa). I think they’d beat Rutgers and northwestern, and probably one of Purdue or Minnesota. I think they would lose to Michigan, Ohio State, Illinois, and Wisconsin
I'll give you Rutgers and Northwestern. Even with that, I wouldn't be convinced we win both. And if we play Iowa 10 times this year, we probably lose seven or eight of those games. Teams don't beat us, we beat ourselves.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Big 10 West.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Gorm, cytor and Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I see no way we have 7 wins looking for our 8th this weekend. I've seen nothing from Iowa State this year to show me they have the mental ability to beat anyone with a pulse. 1 more win at most.
I would agree with that.

We’ve proven many times this year that our issues aren’t with the strength of the opposing team, their offense, or their defense - we’re equal opportunity losers this year. We lost to the best defenses and the worst defenses by the same margin. We lost to the best offenses and the worst offenses by the same margin.

Swap Texas Tech for Wisconsin - we still lose. Swap Oklahoma State for Purdue - we still lose. Swap Texas for Illinois - we still lose. Swap Kansas for Rutgers - we still lose. Swap Kansas State for Michigan - we still lose. Swap TCU for tOSU - we still lose. Swap West Virginia for Northwestern - we still win.

We lost because of our offensive strategy and decision making, and that wouldn’t change (as proven through 8 conference games) based on our opponent. We lost because we’re in the bottom 1% of all college football for points per yard gained. We lost because our special teams is too special.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I would agree with that.

We’ve proven many times this year that our issues aren’t with the strength of the opposing team, their offense, or their defense - we’re equal opportunity losers this year. We lost to the best defenses and the worst defenses by the same margin. We lost to the best offenses and the worst offenses by the same margin.

Swap Texas Tech for Wisconsin - we still lose. Swap Oklahoma State for Purdue - we still lose. Swap Texas for Illinois - we still lose. Swap Kansas for Rutgers - we still lose. Swap Kansas State for Michigan - we still lose. Swap TCU for tOSU - we still lose. Swap West Virginia for Northwestern - we still win.

We lost because of our offensive strategy and decision making, and that wouldn’t change (as proven through 8 conference games) based on our opponent. We lost because we’re in the bottom 1% of all college football for points per yard gained. We lost because our special teams is too special.
Yeah I just went through it based on the reactions to my OP to see what I was missing. I don't see anyway we have more than 5 wins right now with Iowa's schedule, assuming we still play, and beat, Iowa again (does anyone really think we would beat Iowa if we played them again?). So I'm pretty confident we have the same number, maybe one more win with Iowa's schedule.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
It would be nice to have the luck of Iowa. Every game they get a couple turnovers where the ball goes directly to a defender that is nowhere near the play. If a pass gets batted in the air, you can be sure it is going right to an Iowa defender, in stride.
I see this a lot but I don't think it's a fair categorization. They're near the top in turnovers most years. Getting a consistent pass rush with 4 and dropping 7 is part of it and then Iowa tends to put its best "athlete" recruits on defense. A lot of teams would play dejean for example on offense. Maybe 1 reason why the offense lacks every year too.

Iowa States had some bad luck this year no doubt so maybe it just makes Iowa look lucky but most of the perceived luck is created

• Dumb
Reactions: Ayagi and Rick

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I would agree with that.

Everyone talks about Iowa getting turnovers which helps them score.

Like ISU didn't get the ball at midfield or better with plenty of time in 5 losses. And when they do get the turnover like the other night vs. Tech, look how that went.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron