NA White Claw

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
If I'm going to pay too much for seltzer I'm going to buy Topo Chico and actually enjoy it

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I have been a huge fan of some of the IPnAs out recently. really good.

one thing I am disappointed with is the cost of some of this stuff. But so is the price of beers at resturants and stadiums I guess.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
If I'm going to pay too much for seltzer I'm going to buy Topo Chico and actually enjoy it
Whenever the better half and I see that we can’t resist loudly saying Topo Gigio! I’m sure other shoppers at the grocery store have questioned our sanity more than once.

IMG_6081.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bader

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Just get a medium priced bourbon. Make sure to use the large cocktail ice cubes. Add a splash of water if you can’t take it straight. Delicious!

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I saw this the other day in the liquor store going for $15/12 pack and I was just completely taken aback. What am I missing here?

Now, I'm a huge proponent of high quality NA products. I frequently consume them when I don't want booze, and it's a really nice way for a lot of people who've had substance abuse problems to stay sober but feel more apart of the social scene.

But flavored seltzer water has existed for decades. Hell, alcoholic seltzer was born from this product in the first place. And it's MUCH less expensive than $15/12 pack. It seems to me this is some of the most absurd, shameless marketing/marking up of all time. Am I the a$$hole here?

No kidding, go get bottles of topo chico if you want tasty water.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
The first swig isn't bad (assuming it's a hot day and the White Claw is ice cold), but it goes downhill really quickly from there. I'm not a drink snob, but the seltzers I've tried so far give me the same aftertaste as really cheap beer (I mean really cheap) to some degree.
The High Noons which might not actually be seltzers are actually pretty good.