• Thompson, Alex

Votes: 42 18.0%
  • Vette, Clayton

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Ok, It's about 0630hrs over here, and I don't get very much time on this computer. But I'll be home next month, and I simply can't wait.

I was just looking at the (MBB) Roster, and I am very excited to see a hopeful group of youg men ready to take to the courts for what will hopefully be an energetic & successful season. We still look pretty young with 4 seniors, 3 juniors & the rest underclassmen, but optimistically speaking, I really think coach McDermott is making progress. (If that wasn't a crossed finger comment, Idk what was :eek:)

Simply put I'd like to see what many of you think would be our starting five players!
Remember, just check 5 players names. I know I'm limited to a certain number of entries, so I appologize for leaving a couple of players off the list. However, once you have listed your starters, take a look at who you have on the bench! ...And just look at that depth!

God Bless you all!!! (See you soon!)

Last edited:

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Big ups for taking the time to consider ISU basketball! Good work and get home safe!

D Garrett
W Johnson
R Clark
C Brackins (hopefully)
J Hubalek

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I picked my five and then realized I didn't have any true guards in my five. :twitcy:

I went:
Garret, Staiger, Johnson, Clark, Hubalek

Thompson just didn't make my big man rotation after sitting out last year and Brackins should sit behind the leader of the team Clark and the good performances from Hubalek and Johnson. But if he proves he is better, then that is what it should be. But I don't think that happens right now.

cyinthesky

Dec 12, 2006
This Thread makes me smile.
Rep to you Brian!
Get home safe!!!!

Oh yeah, ...Clark, Garrett, Hubalek, Johnson & Johnson.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
you forgot the other walkon. I could see him getting a few PG starts to start the year.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
I just hope Diante is halfway decent. He's only a freshman so he doesn't have to be Jamaal Tinsley, but we can't affort another Ricky Morgan, Corey McIntosh disaster.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I just hope Diante is halfway decent. He's only a freshman so he doesn't have to be Jamaal Tinsley, but we can't affort another Ricky Morgan, Corey McIntosh disaster.

Cory McIntosh wasn't a disaster. He just wasn't a big contributor. At least he could control the ball decently.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Cory McIntosh wasn't a disaster. He just wasn't a big contributor. At least he could control the ball decently.

The first 15 games or so he was a disaster. I believe his defining moment was getting two 10 second calls in a 50 second span at Ok State. The last month or so he played a lot better. I wish he was here as insurance.

thakeepa14

Jan 10, 2007
St. Paul, MN
I just want to know who the 2 idiots, and that term most definitely applies in this case, who didn't vote for Wesley Johnson. Must be EIU grads...

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
The first 15 games or so he was a disaster. I believe his defining moment was getting two 10 second calls in a 50 second span at Ok State. The last month or so he played a lot better. I wish he was here as insurance.

In Corey's defense, those were the two worst closely guarded calls I have ever seen in my life. The defender was literally 2 arm lengths from Corey. Closely guarded is usually defined as an 1 arm's length. I'm getting pissed just thinking about those calls.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
One thing you have to remember about Corey; he did not have the confidence of Mac. In fact, Mac had such low faith in him that he didn't even want Corey bringing the ball upcourt even though MT was a turnover machine. Sorry, I won't miss Corey at all and think Diante will do a better job anyway; even though just a Frosh.

RB

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
My defining moment for Corey was when he traveled with the ball in a crucial moment at the end of the Kansas game and then did something else stupid the next time down the floor. I never minded him because he was just there....but that made me afraid to give him the ball during crunch time. He started to get it towards the end of the year, so I do think he would have been an asset this year.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Currie can take on any team by himself....go currie!!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I am REALLY surprised Lucca has more than Brackins...I think they will both be playing quite a bit, maybe they both might start, but Brackins is ready to play right away more than any other newcomer. I'd be really surprised is Lucca started and Brackins did not.

MY starters would be:
PG Diante Garrett
SG Lucca Staiger, Charles Boozer, Marcus Brister, Sean Haluska (can't make up my mind here yet)
SF Wesley Johnson
PF Craig Brackins
C Jiri Hubalek

6th Man of the Year: Rahshon Clark

cyinthesky

Dec 12, 2006
I am REALLY surprised Lucca has more than Brackins...I think they will both be playing quite a bit, maybe they both might start, but Brackins is ready to play right away more than any other newcomer. I'd be really surprised is Lucca started and Brackins did not.

MY starters would be:
PG Diante Garrett
SG Lucca Staiger, Charles Boozer, Marcus Brister, Sean Haluska (can't make up my mind here yet)
SF Wesley Johnson
PF Craig Brackins
C Jiri Hubalek

6th Man of the Year: Rahshon Clark

nice post... this is going to be some exciting basketball! :yes:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I think it will be Garrett, Staiger, Wes, Clark, and Jiri.

I also think that Clark may be brought off the bench later in the year to provide a spark, and when Brackins gets acclimated to college ball, he will be the starter, maybe midseason.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron