NBA: *** NBA Playoffs Thread V2.0 ***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Not necessarily. Jordan was balding when he was at North Carolina.

Google Dwayne Wade pics, and look at the pics from when he was one of people magazines 50 most beautiful people, to what he looks like today.

His jaw line is 3-4 sizes bigger than it was 10 years ago. He has a face full of acne. Isn't real hard to see the difference.

And if that wasn't enough, didn't people watch him limp and gimp through the indiana series, and the first three games of the finals, and then WITH ONE DAY OFF, he comes out running fine, jumping, dunking. Come on that is not possible for three weeks he couldn't move, then all of a sudden he's fine.

Yeah that is on the up and up

you've got it all wrong. It's not steroids or HGH. It's far more sinister than that. Wade's entourage includes 7 black robed priests who attend important games and perform rituals in the bowels of the basketball arenas he plays in. Sacrifices are regularly made to any number of Pagan demigods in hopes of attaining their favor. Word has it that the demons were beginning to become dissatisfied with their usual sacrifice, and demanded more for the playoffs, sending the black priests into a panic as they searched for a way to up the ante, hence D-Wade's recent poor showings. Luckily for the Heat, (but unlucky for the homeless population of Miami) they stumbled upon the answer in the form of human sacrifice.
With the demon satiated, for now, D-Wade's powers were restored, and he was able to help bring the Heat a championship. Still, I can't help but feel we've opened Pandora's box.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Again, the irony has to be acknowledged.

Irony? I'm not the claiming things and not giving the evidence. Of course, that's just how you do things and when someone asks for evidence or fact, you provide none.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Was Van Gundy the one that was so pro-Spur or was it the other talking head guy? Didn't his brother coach the Heat at some point? is there bad blood there or something?

His brother was fired (technically he left for "personal reason") right before the season that the Heat won their first championship in 2006.

I don't know if that's the guy that you saw as pro-Spurs though.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
you've got it all wrong. It's not steroids or HGH. It's far more sinister than that. Wade's entourage includes 7 black robed priests who attend important games and perform rituals in the bowels of the basketball arenas he plays in. Sacrifices are regularly made to any number of Pagan demigods in hopes of attaining their favor. Word has it that the demons were beginning to become dissatisfied with their usual sacrifice, and demanded more for the playoffs, sending the black priests into a panic as they searched for a way to up the ante, hence D-Wade's recent poor showings. Luckily for the Heat, (but unlucky for the homeless population of Miami) they stumbled upon the answer in the form of human sacrifice.
With the demon satiated, for now, D-Wade's powers were restored, and he was able to help bring the Heat a championship. Still, I can't help but feel we've opened Pandora's box.

:dull:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
His brother was fired (technically he left for "personal reason") right before the season that the Heat won their first championship in 2006.

I didn't think either announcer was pro-Spurs, Van Gundy has praised Spoelstra throughout the series if there was hard feelings between him and Riley I don't think he would be doing that.

CyArob

Apr 22, 2011
MN
Anybody know which of the role players the Heat have that might retire or leave? Of course they'll just bring in the next group of players who are nearing the end of their careers who want a championship before calling it quits.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Anybody know which of the role players the Heat have that might retire or leave? Of course they'll just bring in the next group of players who are nearing the end of their careers who want a championship before calling it quits.

Good question. You've got to think Mike Miller is done, right? Maybe Ray Allen?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I wonder if they will re-sign Anderson. I think they need to because he was a big part of beating the Pacers which will be something they need to think about. I don't know if Miller will stay on or not. Maybe they will just do the same thing with him and barely play him in the regular season only for him to be a large part of the playoffs. Isn't Allen just a one year deal too?

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
where is the hack?

duncanmiss.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Thanks, I couldn't remember how long ago it was. Yea I don't know either. I muted them a lot and never got a feel for whose voice it was. One of them kept whining how Parker must be exhausted but he seemed to sit a lot more than say, James. And then the whole discrepancy on deal with fouls on a block was just silly. Sounds like he would probably have bad blood with the Heat then.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

1/10

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Irony? I'm not the claiming things and not giving the evidence. Of course, that's just how you do things and when someone asks for evidence or fact, you provide none.

Again the irony has to be acknowledged

CyArob

Apr 22, 2011
MN
I wonder if they will re-sign Anderson. I think they need to because he was a big part of beating the Pacers which will be something they need to think about. I don't know if Miller will stay on or not. Maybe they will just do the same thing with him and barely play him in the regular season only for him to be a large part of the playoffs. Isn't Allen just a one year deal too?

Ray Allen has a player option for next year.
Chalmers has a team option (I see them using that).
And then James Jones and Rashard Lewis both have player options for next year as well.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Miller might be amnestied, although with him looking healthier and playing big minutes in the Finals I think that's far from a sure thing anymore. Allen has a player option and I'm sure he will take that, Battier and Chalmers will be back. Birdman will is a free agent and will be able to get a better contract from someone else but we'll see if he's willing to take less to stay with the Heat. Miami needs another big guy, I doubt they will want to go into next season planning on playing Battier at 4 as much as they did this season. The one really interesting possibility is Greg Oden, who is supposed to be trying to make a comeback next year and Miami is always mentioned as one of his most likely destinations. I'm sure the Heat will be in the market for another wing who can shoot three's as well.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

I think Allen comes back. Miller could be amnestied but with the way he played in the playoffs there really isn't any point in doing it because amnestying him wouldn't get them under the cap anyway. So if he wants to come back, I think Miami would take him back.

Andersen is the one they could lose. If he's willing to except the mini mid-level the Heat could resign him. He may have better offers elsewhere though.

I think taking a flyer on a guy like Greg Oden would be an interesting move for them.

CyArob

Apr 22, 2011
MN
Miller might be amnestied, although with him looking healthier and playing big minutes in the Finals I think that's far from a sure thing anymore. Allen has a player option and I'm sure he will take that, Battier and Chalmers will be back. Birdman will is a free agent and will be able to get a better contract from someone else but we'll see if he's willing to take less to stay with the Heat. Miami needs another big guy, I doubt they will want to go into next season planning on playing Battier at 4 as much as they did this season. The one really interesting possibility is Greg Oden, who is supposed to be trying to make a comeback next year and Miami is always mentioned as one of his most likely destinations. I'm sure the Heat will be in the market for another wing who can shoot three's as well.

I think Allen comes back. Miller could be amnestied but with the way he played in the playoffs there really isn't any point in doing it because amnestying him wouldn't get them under the cap anyway. So if he wants to come back, I think Miami would take him back.

Andersen is the one they could lose. If he's willing to except the mini mid-level the Heat could resign him. He may have better offers elsewhere though.

I think taking a flyer on a guy like Greg Oden would be an interesting move for them.

Are you guys the same person?