NBA: *** NBA Playoffs Thread V2.0 ***

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I wonder if they will re-sign Anderson. I think they need to because he was a big part of beating the Pacers which will be something they need to think about. I don't know if Miller will stay on or not. Maybe they will just do the same thing with him and barely play him in the regular season only for him to be a large part of the playoffs. Isn't Allen just a one year deal too?

Miller is 33 and pretty banged up. It was like he and Battier switched roles last night, he couldn't hit and Battier could, which he hasn't all playoffs. And I thought when Miller was on Leonard in first half, oddly he seemed to contain him more and I have never thought of him as a defensive guy. They seem to do weird stuff keeping Juwaan Howard around too.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Miller is 33 and pretty banged up. It was like he and Battier switched roles last night, he couldn't hit and Battier could, which he hasn't all playoffs. And I thought when Miller was on Leonard in first half, oddly he seemed to contain him more and I have never thought of him as a defensive guy. They seem to do weird stuff keeping Juwaan Howard around too.

Miller actually was a pretty good defender before all his injuries. That's why he was the first guy Miami went after once the big three was signed. A 6'8" guy who can knock down threes, and defend multiple positions well, Miami's offense has always performed great when he's been on the floor, his time has just been severely limited by his health.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
No, this is what they have been saying on sports talk radio today.

they've been talking about Oden to Miami for a year or more. I don't know how much impact the guy can even have physically but for a team who can't spend on free agents he'd be an interesting project..

Whatever Miami does next year, they need to start resting their players a bit more in the regular season, specifically Wade and Battier.

Bosh would be an interesting trade piece but I don't think the Heat would go that route.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Does Wade have enough left in the tank to still be part of a "Big Three" next season? And is Bosh really a "Big Three" type of player? It seems like there are any number of tall lanky PFs in the NBA who could fill his role on the team, and for a lot less money.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
they've been talking about Oden to Miami for a year or more. I don't know how much impact the guy can even have physically but for a team who can't spend on free agents he'd be an interesting project..

Whatever Miami does next year, they need to start resting their players a bit more in the regular season, specifically Wade and Battier.

Bosh would be an interesting trade piece but I don't think the Heat would go that route.

Agreed, and if not resting Battier more getting him more minutes guarding wings instead of power forwards. I think you will see Spoelstra manage the Heat's minutes in a more Popovich like fashion next season, but at the same time they are not going to want to coast into the playoffs with a two seed like they did their first two years. The importance of home court advantage was very evident in this year's playoffs.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Does Wade have enough left in the tank to still be part of a "Big Three" next season? And is Bosh really a "Big Three" type of player? It seems like there are any number of tall lanky PFs in the NBA who could fill his role on the team, and for a lot less money.

Never been very impressed with Bosh. He did actually play big boy D the last few games though. I think Wade is really hurting, both knees. Not sure he will ever be the same, but that is not to say he can't adapt his game and still be pretty good.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
As for the Spurs, they need someone to replace Manu. I don't know if he'll retire but they need another player besides Parker who can create shots for himself and for others.

Ask Bulls fans though how many quality shooting guards are on the market

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Manu is the one Spur I just can't stand. Appropriate he seemed to cost them the last two games. With all of the comments about LeFlop, I think Manu has flopped more than the rest of the guys on both teams combined.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Miami isn't going to get anyone who is a better midrange jump shooter or defender, both of which are vital to Miami's success, for less money than Bosh. We just saw how narrow the margin of victory was in these Finals, Miami isn't going to trade him just to save money. When you're going for a 3-peat is not the time to be worrying about going over the salary cap.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Looking at the 2013 FA class as it stands now (will change once players and teams officially exercise their options) I think the Spurs should target Jarrett Jack.

If Manu retires, I'd go after Iguadala if he opts out.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I really don't think Bosh will be on the Heat next year. Like I have already said, he was nowhere near James and Wade when they were celebrating. Pretty sure last year when they won, they were all three together. It also seemed like Bosh wasn't mentally in the game last night. Had 0 points and wasn't really aggressive. I think Bosh already knows he's gone because Riley has probably already told him so.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I really don't think Bosh will be on the Heat next year. Like I have already said, he was nowhere near James and Wade when they were celebrating. Pretty sure last year when they won, they were all three together. It also seemed like Bosh wasn't mentally in the game last night. Had 0 points and wasn't really aggressive. I think Bosh already knows he's gone because Riley has probably already told him so.

one rumor I heard is bosh for charlottes 4th plus another player.

Only thing i've heard on bosh so far.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

Which would be good for Bosh. He needs to go to a team where he can dominate like he was with the Raptors. I just don't think he fits well on a team like the Heat.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

I can't imagine the Heat would trade Bosh for anyone that couldn't help them in the post immediately.

The only trade scenario I've heard that makes sense is Cousins and a pick for Bosh.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I can't imagine the Heat would trade Bosh for anyone that couldn't help them in the post immediately.

The only trade scenario I've heard that makes sense is Cousins and a pick for Bosh.
The trade rumors for Bosh will pick up here in the offseason. I just really think he's gone.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Nowhere near them at all.

View attachment 20515

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Which would be good for Bosh. He needs to go to a team where he can dominate like he was with the Raptors. I just don't think he fits well on a team like the Heat.

Why? Bosh left the Raptors because he wanted to win, not dominate for some after thought NBA team. You think after winning two titles he's changed his mind and decided that instead of playing for titles every year he wants to play in front of 10,000 fans a night in Charlotte?

Help Support Us

Become a patron