Nebraska game this Saturday...

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I can't believe how difficult it is to find this information at cyclones.com, but suppose a person wanted to go to the game Saturday. How much for a tickets? How long before a game does the ticket office open?

Baffan

Aug 22, 2007
Ames, IA
He is talking about the volley ball match in Ames on Saturday. Not sure how much this helps, but I got an e-mail the other day that says if you show your ticket, maybe season ticket holder only, for football you can get $2 tickets, at the ticket office the day of the match.

Just checked my e-mail and it says show your ISU vs. WIU football ticket at the ticket office which opens at noon.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
He is talking about the volley ball match in Ames on Saturday. Not sure how much this helps, but I got an e-mail the other day that says if you show your ticket, maybe season ticket holder only, for football you can get $2 tickets, at the ticket office the day of the match.

Just checked my e-mail and it says show your ISU vs. WIU football ticket at the ticket office which opens at noon.

This.
We were already planning to go. At $2 a ticket, it's really impossible to pass up.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Volleyball is $5 for General Admission. Like pp said, they have a promotion on Sat if you show your football ticket. Not sure how early the ticket office opens.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Volleyball is $5 for General Admission. Like pp said, they have a promotion on Sat if you show your football ticket. Not sure how early the ticket office opens.

You've got 53 minutes to call the ticket office before it closes. They could tell you if anyone could. The phone numbers are in the link in my previous post.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I know, that is a killer deal and should pack Hilton for that match. Only problem is that it does take out prime tailgating time.

So, 4 hours to get plowed instead of 6? Just drink 50% faster. Problem solved.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So, 4 hours to get plowed instead of 6? Just drink 50% faster. Problem solved.

You are pretty unimaginative if you can't figure out how to get a little something for your Coke into Hilton if that is the only thing stopping you.

I know, I know, I quoted the wrong poster.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I'm sure the OP is a great guy and all..... Not questioning that. But what ever happened to looking up stuff on your own.

The website has a phone number with daily hours---> Call the number ---> go through a minute or two of prerecorded info---> talk to representative.

Sorry end of rant.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I'm sure the OP is a great guy and all..... Not questioning that. But what ever happened to looking up stuff on your own.

The website has a phone number with daily hours---> Call the number ---> go through a minute or two of prerecorded info---> talk to representative.

Sorry end of rant.

Do you have any objection to ISU including that information with the game information on the front page?

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Do you have any objection to ISU including that information with the game information on the front page?

I will agree with you that it would be some useful info. Especially if they want to break the all time attendance record for it.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I highly recommend hitting up the game if you can. Our team is pretty damn good and are really entertaining to watch. $2 to watch them against #1 in the nation who happens to be Nebby is a laughing to the bank steal.

If you need extra motivation volleyball shorts are like yoga pants, only shorter.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I highly recommend hitting up the game if you can. Our team is pretty damn good and are really entertaining to watch. $2 to watch them against #1 in the nation who happens to be Nebby is a laughing to the bank steal.

If you need extra motivation volleyball shorts are like yoga pants, only shorter.

I thought the $2 ticket to watch the #1 team in the nation was the extra motivation.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Can i buy a football hillside ticket and then immediately show that to purchase a volleyball ticket for $2.00? I have 3 football tickets but have to buy one more for a late 4th. I know the other 3 are good for a $2 ticket. Gonna make a day of it with some teenage girls. That came out wrong.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Just curious, does scheduling these matches before football home games generally help or hurt attendance?

It seems like the attendance is better when VB is before FB, instead of after.

Plus, for this match, there will be thousands (yes, literally) of Nebraska fans coming over -- the people that can't ever get tickets to home NU matches because the Coliseum is always sold out.