Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Apparently this DC was with Frost since he got to Nebraska. I wonder why they didn't force him out a while ago. They also will owe him $1.1 million in buyout money. Keep it up and Nebraska will have $20 million in buyouts from the Frost era!
Nebraska gave up a ton of rushing yards to Northwestern and Frost was throwing his offensive staff under the bus instead. At that point, it was clear to me that Frost had no clue what he was doing.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I've been reading some Nebraska boards and even their moderators are completely delusional. Some of them think they can and should do much better than Campbell. The crazy part about this whole thing is Campbell is head and shoulders better than any coach they have had since Osborne.

Note to Nebraska fans: you would be lucky if Campbell even considered your program. I doubt he does, but you're not better than Campbell. Campbell is better than you.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
I've been reading some Nebraska boards and even their moderators are completely delusional. Some of them think they can and should do much better than Campbell. The crazy part about this whole thing is Campbell is head and shoulders better than any coach they have had since Osborne.

Note to Nebraska fans: you would be lucky if Campbell even considered your program. I doubt he does, but you're not better than Campbell. Campbell is better than you.

they dont want a campbell type. they want to win now.. i dont think CMC would be a good fit at all. too many a-holes got their hands in that pie.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Nebraska’s recruiting classes before 2022 have held up, so I kind of expected a team that might look the part athletically but just didn’t execute. Not really the case. Grant looks like a legit RB, but they just look flat out bad in every regard.

That program needs a complete gut and rebuild from S&C on up. What a terrible state that program is in. They will be bad next year no matter who coaches them.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
What's really funny was when they first hired Frost, Husker fans wanted to storm the Peach Bowl to claim it as a Husker Bowl game. They were convinced Scotty was going to win them multiple National Championships by now.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's why they suck and why they will continue to suck.

Frost feeling like he had to go for onside kick in 3rd quarter vs NW so they could go up by 18 and blow them out in the third quarter is exactly why they are #90-#100 in computer models.

They are mid 90s ISU bad but still have mid 90s Nebraska mindset.

I'm not convinced a coach can change that culture, I think it's the culture of an entire program/university/state.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I know he had some good Utah teams but was he a good recruiter then? Or did he just have a great staff that recruited then once he took the Florida (and Ohio State) jobs 5* recruits just fell in his lap?

They were doing things offensively back then that were kind of a step ahead.

Somebody will probably do that again at a non-traditional-power but the odds of it being Meyer again in his old age are astronomical.

I'd have probably given the one Utah team a first place national championship vote just to point out how dumb the system was. Nobody was within 2 TDs of them all season.