Nebraska gives Scott Frost much deserved extension to only fire him.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I just visited the Huskerboard. The fans are all in with Urban Meyer but not so much with Matt Campbell. They seem to compare CMC to former coach Mike Riley with a little disrespect to ISU. Here are a few quotes:

"I don’t get the obsession with Campbell. What has he done except a little better than the average at ISU? Seems along the lines of another Riley and a cheaper option than we can afford or deserve. If we get Campbell we’ll be paying another coach to not coach here in about 4 years."

"It may well be a lazy take and obviously he’s a decent coach. But I haven’t seen ISU win any Big XII titles, finish top ten or be in the discussion for the playoff."

"I don't think the apprehension towards Campbell has anything to do with 'hate' or not thinking he's a good coach. It's more or less about what if he comes here and produces near identical results to what he's done at ISU. How long will that be good enough? Sure he will have access to better talent, but that was the same argument made for Riley, and we saw how that story unfolded. To be clear, I don't think Campbell and Riley should be intimately compared to one another, but it is a fair set of questions/circumstances to ponder. Does he have the abilities and skills to be truly elite? That's what Nebraska needs IMO. Nebraska needs an elite coach if it wants to have any hopes of sniffing conference or even national titles again.

Here's the typical pro-Urban Meyer post:

"Are you on this board for morals and guidance on how to live a wholesome life or are you on this board because you're addicted to a football progrum that deseparately needs a return to excellence to fill your fall saturdays with wins and arrogance the rest of the week?

For me, its the latter, if we can bring in Urban, one of the most successful and winningest coaches in CFB history, you f'n do it and worry about the consequences later"
Huskers will never be humble enough to climb the mountain the long hard way and earn their success. They reek with arrogance.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
No doubt. It was really weird. Huskers would lose games 52-48 and Frosty would throw his offensive staff under the bus.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I was wondering at the time if SC could lure Chris Peterson. I don't think he wants that type of spotlight/school a little bit like Mike Leach.
Petersen is a hell of a coach they said he just couldn't handle the pressure at UW. He had an 8-5 season after winning 12, 10, and 10 and said he was second guessing his ability to motivate players.lol. JFC they just had a young team. He was still working for the college in some capacity after he stepped down. He's a great speaker. He loves Seattle.

Reactions: JP4CY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They just fired their Denfense coach, they just don't learn

Apparently this DC was with Frost since he got to Nebraska. I wonder why they didn't force him out a while ago. They also will owe him $1.1 million in buyout money. Keep it up and Nebraska will have $20 million in buyouts from the Frost era!

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I can see Urban taking the Nebraska job and then not working to recruit. Like Frost.
I know he had some good Utah teams but was he a good recruiter then? Or did he just have a great staff that recruited then once he took the Florida (and Ohio State) jobs 5* recruits just fell in his lap?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Apparently this DC was with Frost since he got to Nebraska. I wonder why they didn't force him out a while ago. They also will owe him $1.1 million in buyout money. Keep it up and Nebraska will have $20 million in buyouts from the Frost era!
He actually should’ve been the first guy Frosty got rid of.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron