Nebraska sux

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
NIL isn't going to impact football like it has/will hoops. Development in college is key and despite NIL money getting thrown around, a lot of kids are going to forego it to put themselves in a better position to develop.
....I disagree without giving you the mean red x.
A lot of kids are going to get paid. Develop? Schmevelop. Don't over-estimate your fellow human beings. I do agree that basketball is more impacted for sure......

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
To me it really depends on how you value being in a P2 conference and how you value NIL. It's all new enough to me that I don't really know that answer.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
A lot of kids are going to get paid. Develop? Schmevelop. Don't over-estimate your fellow human beings. I do agree that basketball is more impacted for sure......

This just reminded me that TJ got commits from #12 and #32 (as of now) IN THE SAME CLASS. Let’s go State!

Reactions: RezClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don’t know if it means anything, but Aranda was at LSU when Mickey Joseph and Bill Busch were. Temp HC and DC.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes kids are going to get paid but it won't be the cash grab you will see in hoops. AAU basketball is a dirty filthy business compared to football.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yes kids are going to get paid but it won't be the cash grab you will see in hoops. AAU basketball is a dirty filthy business compared to football.
I think it's more that one or two guys can make a massive difference in basketball, and many more kids are ready to play basketball from day 1 without development compared to football. So, I don't know if it's so much that there will be more money in basketball, but rather the impact of an NIL dollar is WAY higher in basketball.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I think it's more that one or two guys can make a massive difference in basketball, and many more kids are ready to play basketball from day 1 without development compared to football. So, I don't know if it's so much that there will be more money in basketball, but rather the impact of an NIL dollar is WAY higher in basketball.

Yeah I agree. The NBA is more concerned with certain measurables/potential vs the NFL that needs to see results right away just due to the age of the players/learning curve. Yes, for the top talent you're definitely going to see a bidding war but for the run of the mill 4 star and 3 star kids it won't be as big of a factor.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Yeah, I get all that and I'm sure you're probably right about Stoops but as excellent a job as he's done at UK he's probably hit the ceiling there. UNL has B1G money and from what I've heard they're getting in front of NIL. And they're obviously football focused which UK is not. The problem I see Stoops having with UNL is the thing that UI & ISU fans can agree on which is that Nebraska is gross...I could never put my heart into doing anything for that clown college.
He has maybe plateaued but his situation is very similar to Campbell. He has a shortlist of jobs he would leave for. One is probably Iowa and maybe some others. Nebraska is no where near that IMO.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He has maybe plateaued but his situation is very similar to Campbell. He has a shortlist of jobs he would leave for. One is probably Iowa and maybe some others. Nebraska is no where near that IMO.
I think nationally the narrative is much the same with Stoops and Campbell, that they're happy where they are but have likely hit their ceiling as a program. Right or wrong, that's a lot of the narrative.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
"The store was closed at the time."

So he broke in. Can't you just say that?
No kidding. They say it was 2am, the store's glass door was shattered with cement chunks, and the player was apprehended by police with a bag full of the store's merchandise, but they avoid using the terms "break in" or "robbery" to describe the incident.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
"The store was closed at the time."

So he broke in. Can't you just say that?
Nah, the store should have been open for this guy. This is all on the store owners, because they should know a player needs his fix.

Reminds me of this story. A former colleague played volleyball at Ohio State. He knew a bunch of the football players. One of the big name linebackers (Hawk, maybe, or it could have been Laurinaitis) went to the training room for treatment. The training room was closed, so he took a 45lb plate and threw it through the window, climbed in, and started treating himself. The athletic department punished the training staff because they were supposed to be available when the players wanted treatment.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Kinch and NWICY

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
No kidding. They say it was 2am, the store's glass door was shattered with cement chunks, and the player was apprehended by police with a bag full of the store's merchandise, but they avoid using the terms "break in" or "robbery" to describe the incident.
Perhaps they were just reporting known facts. If he hadn't been charged with breaking in or robbery at the time of the article, it would be speculation on the reporter's part. Updated articles are now saying he has been booked on suspicion of burglary.

Reactions: MJ29

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I wish I could find that "Elimnated from National Championship" meme with scott frost....just thinking about that still makes me laugh.