Nebraska Volleyball Record - 92,003 Fans

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
We have a natural grass field which rules out July through the end of football season at JTS... I think a hockey match would be AWESOME! You can do it during winter, while the turf is dormant and have an entire season for it to recover...

I'm not sure if ISU hockey could get a decent turnout, but for a one-time event with A LOT of lead-up and promising to open the tailgate lots and once CyTown is open for indoor tailgating I could see it getting 25K+

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I did not. Hell, I had no idea the volleyball team still plays at Devaney normally and not the new bball arena. Devaney is a dump.

Not really. Remodeled to host volleyball, wrestling and gymnastics.

5332f9ec40fde.image.jpg

WP5TKFSODFAALAG6R7CY46C32U.jpg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not really. Remodeled to host volleyball, wrestling and gymnastics.

5332f9ec40fde.image.jpg

WP5TKFSODFAALAG6R7CY46C32U.jpg
I didn't know they remodeled. Man, that Big 10 money is nice.
My old story:
Went Devaney 7ish years ago. Talk about a complete dump.
Birds flying around the inside, splintery bleachers, Cyclone Alley was there and kept doing a "where's your students" chant.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'll bet Murphy says that if Caitlin was there the numbers would have been much higher.
Lol. Well he did say today if Kinnick had the capacity Clark would surpass that number.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
We have a natural grass field which rules out July through the end of football season at JTS... I think a hockey match would be AWESOME! You can do it during winter, while the turf is dormant and have an entire season for it to recover...

I'm not sure if ISU hockey could get a decent turnout, but for a one-time event with A LOT of lead-up and promising to open the tailgate lots and once CyTown is open for indoor tailgating I could see it getting 25K+
it been a while since I followed them, but the club team is pretty successful. They have something like 18 final/frozen fours on the club level. Plus, iirc they were the first club hockey team shown on espn+ ever. When i was in college the arena was always packed and there were a few guys that even tailgated.

So i think you may be able to lower bowl at least filled. Probably doesn't help that they got a hazing scandal not too long ago though.

NebraskaCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2009
Omaha
Lol. Well he did say today if Kinnick had the capacity Clark would surpass that number.
Nebraska sold out the event in 2+ days. As of Monday, there were only about 40K sold to the WBB event in IC. Its crazy the nonsense that comes out of his mouth sometimes.

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum