Need some advice and opinions

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I hear that program is a blast, i knew a few people that did it. I tried but got denied (kinda glad I did).

So you just haven't had orientation yet? Have a few brews, go walk around the complex of where other people are staying who are participating in the program, find a group to go out with at Downtown Disney. I'm sure a TON of other people are in the exact same boat as well. What did you do when you got to college to meet people?

That or just go to Downtown Disney and hit on cougars.

Are you of age?

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I hear that program is a blast, i knew a few people that did it. I tried but got denied (kinda glad I did).

So you just haven't had orientation yet? Have a few brews, go walk around the complex of where other people are staying who are participating in the program, find a group to go out with at Downtown Disney. I'm sure a TON of other people are in the exact same boat as well. What did you do when you got to college to meet people?

That or just go to Downtown Disney and hit on cougars.

Are you of age?

Have orientation tomorrow and start on Monday. Will meet more people when I start working. Heard there are tons of new people moving in this weekend as well. I'm of age so once I know people downtown Disney should be a blast. Today was better than yesterday so it must get better with time. Just used to having friends or family nearby. Orlando is a little far from KC and Ames. Thanks for all the opinions by the way, this is why the CF family is so great!

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Stay put. Your professional life is going to be filled with working around people you may not get along with. It could be seen as a negative if you show inflexibility in that regard.
agree with this, avoid forming a first impression as inflexable. Plus you may learn some stuff and end up valuing the experience. You can always have friends you dont live with. I hated my freshman roommate but I valued the experience of learning to cohexist with my polar opposite.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
UPDATE: Currently moved out of the old place. My boss found out housing put with others and got ******. Since horticulture interns start at 2 and 3 am so we can work in the parks before guests come in. Loving it so far and have met a ton of people. Actually met a guy who is from Nebraska who is a hort intern and said he loved playing Iowa State because he could go to Ames. He said he hated Iowa and won't be their rival now that Wisconsin is in their division. Again, if anyone comes to Disney this summer let me know. Would love to see some Cyclone family!

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Stay put. Your professional life is going to be filled with working around people you may not get along with. It could be seen as a negative if you show inflexibility in that regard.
I had a gal from Mongolia work with me over the winter. She was recruited earlier by Dollywood (TN) last summer while still living in Mongolia and came over with others. According to her, a creepy old 60-yr old American recruiter sent over there apparently wanted a kiss from all the young girls. Once here, sounds like they were pretty much sequestered to the Park all summer. She was 20 yrs old and. drank a lot of vodka on her down time here. LOL ..then one day last Feb. she quit and on to her next job.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron