New Arrowhead?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I know Arrowhead is not THAT new but it's not that old either. I'm shocked they and Royals are looking elsewhere. I thought they had a real nice setup there.

It is a nice setup considering how much parking they have available. But when other pro sport teams are getting new stadiums, I am sure the Chiefs and Royal's are feeling left out.

• Haha
Reactions: CycoCyclone

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
This would be dumb. They've made so many upgrades to the concourse and other aspects recently. The new seats are garbage but we stand the entire game so who cares. The setup is great for tailgating, helps boost Royals ticket sales and the stadium is practical. Signed a Chiefs season ticket holder.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Alternately, they're floating this out there to maximize how much money they can pull from Kansas City and the state of Missouri to keep them there.

I'd be interested to see what kind of return, or benefit these cities and states get by having these sport teams? Like, with all the incentives they throw out, do they get a return on professional sport stadiums?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'd be interested to see what kind of return, or benefit these cities and states get by having these sport teams? Like, with all the incentives they throw out, do they get a return on professional sport stadiums?

I think studies have shown they don't have much of a ROI. But what local politician wants to be blamed for "losing" the popular local team?

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
That is a nice area
Makes me wonder if Cerner, company I work for is trying to sell their campus up there to Chiefs ownership. Been on the market for a year, right across from the speedway and Great Wolf Lodge. One of our founders also has a large stake in Sporting KC whose stadium is right there. Would suck for the Royals tho IMO. Oracle is also in the process of acquiring us so Larry Ellison might be involved.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Makes me wonder if Cerner, company I work for is trying to sell their campus up there to Chiefs ownership. Been on the market for a year, right across from the speedway and Great Wolf Lodge. One of our founders also has a large stake in Sporting KC whose stadium is right there. Would suck for the Royals tho IMO. Oracle is also in the process of acquiring us so Larry Ellison might be involved.
Royals have been flirting with downtown for years.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think studies have shown they don't have much of a ROI. But what local politician wants to be blamed for "losing" the popular local team?

Yeah, that's where I was kinda going. They throw the states money at this kind of stuff due to the emotional connection that people have for sport teams so the politicians can get reelected.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

Aren't those buildings only like, no more than 10 years old? Your talking about the continuous campus right?

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Johnson County (Kansas) is where the big money lives in the KC metro and they have been complaining for years that they are getting ripped off by the city of Kansas City (Missouri) and the state of Missouri for years on the Truman Sportrs Complex financials. Overland Park keeps getting bigger and bigger as the metro moves south and west. The locals call KU "Johnson County West" btw. The access to Truman off the interstate is not good and that might have a small impact on relocation.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Man the money train never ends. I am guessing for the Chiefs they want a GB title town equivalent. KC has such a good step up now. But maybe the Chiefs can get all that property if the Royals move downtown.