New Coach Prospects

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Sorry man :notworthy:

It's a message board, and I still think it's "idiotic" to be planning a coaching search with so much more basketball yet to be played this season. I'm not saying people can't do it, just that I think it's idiotic and counterproductive. How does being a mod factor into it? Sometimes people read too much into what's next to their name.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I thought Mac would be here for the long haul, but I'm starting to think that next year will be his last.

My thought too. This actually makes me sad I like the guy...Damit get it done so we don't have to go through the coaching change problems again.

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
Lon Kruger.

He will have a NCAA tournament win within 3 years on the job.
Besides that, he seems to be good with his players and have defined roles on the team. Besides that he seems to have them motivated. Good post!

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
It's a message board, and I still think it's "idiotic" to be planning a coaching search with so much more basketball yet to be played this season. I'm not saying people can't do it, just that I think it's idiotic and counterproductive. How does being a mod factor into it? Sometimes people read too much into what's next to their name.

Well, I think it is idiotic to think WE ARE PLANNING a coaching search by simply discussing it.

How does the mod factor into it - because two of the most vocal critics of this thread are mods. That's why I said it.

"Idiotic and counterproductive" - How is anything on here really "productive?" This is a way to pass time and discuss the Cyclones. It's fun to discuss various things.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
Lon Kruger.

He will have a NCAA tournament win within 3 years on the job.

I dont think he would leave, UNLV has a better basketball history than us and its a lot easier to win in the mountain west. Plus we probably dont have enough money to lure him in.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Though I also see this thread as "idiotic" I will contribute. Bob Knight, a clean Billy GIllespie. I think we could get Gillespie(sp). Make the contact up so that at first sight of a **** up, he is gone and there is no buyout. Nothing to lose there. I just don't think Kentucky was a fit for him. He seems to be a low pressure coach. I know we couldn't tell by reading this board the past few days or weeks, but we don't ask for much here. Just get us to the postseason and every once in awhile make a splash and we are happy campers. It would be a risk, but I guess if we are going to completely start over what do we have to lose?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Well, I think it is idiotic to think WE ARE PLANNING a coaching search by simply discussing it.

How does the mod factor into it - because two of the most vocal critics of this thread are mods. That's why I said it.

"Idiotic and counterproductive" - How is anything on here really "productive?" This is a way to pass time and discuss the Cyclones. It's fun to discuss various things.

So again, what does being a mod have to do with anthing?

Two of the most critical people here have "a" in their username too? Why not point that out?

I personally don't care if people are critical - you're obviously making an assumption about my feelings on the topic although I haven't made a statement on it at all. I'm just looking for some sanity on the subject, and not finding much.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
So again, what does being a mod have to do with anthing?

Two of the most critical people here have "a" in their username too? Why not point that out?

I personally don't care if people are critical - you're obviously making an assumption about my feelings on the topic although I haven't made a statement on it at all. I'm just looking for some sanity on the subject, and not finding much.

Good point :jimlad: - Good night

C

Cyclone42

No fail. Some of us are genuinely frustrated, and this will keep coming up with every loss.

We really shouldn't have laughed too much at the Buffs and their coaching situation in football (having a really bad coach and being unable financially to fire him). We are in exactly that situation in MBB.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Ummmm... In all fairness.... Tim Floyd had Fred Hoiberg, Loren Meyer, Julo, Beechum, among others... Nice comparison there:skeptical:

Floyd had those players for one year and then he lost almost everybody. Then he coached his *** off and had the best two years at the time in Cyclone basketball history with a bunch of unknown players.

This...

I remember people thinking if Cato was eligible for the 2nd semester in 1995, we might make the NIT... Look what happened, first Big 8 championship.

Had Willoughby been healthy the next season, they may have had a final 4 run. That is no joke.

Had he not been hired to the Bulls, Collison and Hinrich would worn ISU jerseys.

Floyd IMO was the best coach we've ever had, I wish he was still here but that does not necessarily mean I would want him back due to the baggage. Its a pipe dream he would return anyway.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron