New Commit!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Guys - please refrain from making a us vs them posts in terms of other websites. Paul and I got over things a long time ago and exchanged posts on the respective sites asking the members to do the same. Please talk about the topics at hand, there are plenty of things going on to talk about.

Thanks for understanding,
Jeremy

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
was he kicked off the team or did anyone find anything out on that?

We don't know anything definitive. By piecing together the info I have and have heard - also taking into consideration Gene has not addresses the issue...I think this happened...

He messed up one too many times in practice. Gene got frustrated and told him to leave, as in, "I don't want to see you right now". Note I'm not quoting him, this is just what I gather took place from other reports. I don't think Gene telling him to leave was kicking him off the team - as I don't see him doing that to a guy that is making on-field mistakes.

So, Drenard leaves and decides to not come back - either temporarily or permanently.

Again, I don't know for sure - but I don't think he's been kicked off based on the info I have and him still being listed on the roster.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I've heard he has been released from his scholarship and has been contacted by Wisconsin, TCU and about 10 other schools.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
he basically got flustered and quit... I dont think he is coming back. I think he may be dropping football.. Sadly.. he was a good player

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
he was still listed as starting KR and PR on the colorado depth chart. that confused me...he obviosuly hasnt been around for a while.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Doran Guillory is a rich boy... hes got a nice car, and his family has some bentleys.. Could be a good get for ISU football and the Athletic Department :notworthy:

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Seems to me Chizik is preparing to beef up the defense, especially on the line. Gets me pumped, nothing was better than watching the havok the '05 defense wreaked upon the opposition.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
he basically got flustered and quit... I dont think he is coming back. I think he may be dropping football.. Sadly.. he was a good player

That's pretty much what I thought and it's too bad.

But then again, if he can't handle the heat in practice...I question his abilities to handle it on Saturdays.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
ISUCLONES33, i can't believe u already got the inside stuff on Doran, its not even been made public knowledge on Rivals that he's gone and you already got some good inside stuff on him.

So, what's your take on him being a player....do your foresee him moving inside? If so, our D-line recruiting obviously Chiz and staff see's this as our biggest area of need...and i couldnt agree more...even more so for depth on the D-line side of the ball you have to have depth.....the size and types of offensive lines we've seen in the past has beaten us up in the 3rd and 4th quarter and by the end of the game its a blow out. But, you get a quality roation in there and suddenly those same offensive lineman are worn out by the fourth quarter because the rotation has two guys working against one...I really like the idea of recruiting the h*#& out of lineman both sides of the ball and then getting speed guys at skilled positions and speed speed speed on D....

IMO Chiz is banking on him and his staffs ability to teach and tutor the guy into a 4-5 star recruit. ISU may never be at a level that can compete for many reasons with the FSU, Norte Dames, Florida, Ohio State, USC, Texas, Iowa, Miami, Auburns.....

But, if you can recruit the 2-3* guys with the athletic upside, the ability to coach and the system will create playermakers which is exactly what 4-5 star players coming in are expected to do....

I fully understand and trust where Chiz and JP are leading our football program, there's no reason not to be expecting year in year out bowl quality teams beings that theres 400 bowls, we have no excuse not making one.

These two have the vision and the thing that will set them apart is their both a part of the success with JP getting the money and facilities while Chiz is getting the players and the attitude and the program will succeed!!!!!!

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
IMO Chiz is banking on him and his staffs ability to teach and tutor the guy into a 4-5 star recruit. ISU may never be at a level that can compete for many reasons with the FSU, Norte Dames, Florida, Ohio State, USC, Texas, Iowa, Miami, Auburns.....

Please tell me that this was typed tongue in cheek and you aren't throwing Iowa in with all of these top flight programs!:no:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
perhaps i am just being greedy, but i really though that with the improved play over the past few weeks, the decent crowd size that made its presence felt, a couple of w's televised games, etc. that we would see more then just 1 verbal in the last 2 weeks.

ISU_Alum_2000

All-Star
Oct 21, 2006
Aliso Viejo, CA
Looking Guillory's video on Rivals, he doesn't appear to have the great closing speed you would want in a DE, which is just fine, because with commitments from DE's Marshall, McDonough and Robertson we need DT's.

On ESPN (which says it comes from Scouts, Inc.), he is listed as a DT:

ESPN.com - NCF - RecruitTracker 2008

Also, Rivals has him running 4.75, while Scout has him running a 4.90:

RIVALS:

Strongside defensive end
Beaumont (TX) Kelly
Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 265 lbs
Forty: 4.75 secs

Bench max: 270 pounds
Squat max: 420 pounds
GPA: 2.7
ACT: 20
Class: 2008 (High School)

SCOUT:

Ht: 6-3
Wt: 260
40: 4.90

Position: DE
Year: Class of 2008
High School: Monsignor Kelly HS
(Beaumont, TX)

It looks like we might have our first DT recruit in Guillory.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
KMAC.. I could see them try to move him inside.. We do have Jerrod Black who will be solid in the middle however... I think Dorans weight is exaggerated quite a bit. I would actually like to see them bring him in here, get him ripped and turn him into a beast at MLB i can see that happening. Doran has the build of a linebacker, not that of a Brent Curvey, Nick Leaders, Tuba Rubin ect. He is a kid that is going to pack on a whole lot of muscle so it will be interesting to see him progress.

kuney1

Mar 20, 2006
KMAC.. I could see them try to move him inside.. We do have Jerrod Black who will be solid in the middle however... I think Dorans weight is exaggerated quite a bit. I would actually like to see them bring him in here, get him ripped and turn him into a beast at MLB i can see that happening. Doran has the build of a linebacker, not that of a Brent Curvey, Nick Leaders, Tuba Rubin ect. He is a kid that is going to pack on a whole lot of muscle so it will be interesting to see him progress.

I enjoy reading your posts for sometime now. You seem to be close to the football program, I'm curious are you a former player, student, or do you simply have connections?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I enjoy reading your posts for sometime now. You seem to be close to the football program, I'm curious are you a former player, student, or do you simply have connections?

Naw, he's just a HUGE Larry Bird fan, hence the ISUclones33