New (Different) Wrestling Facility

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wonder what All Iowa Attack is going to do.

Building the new facility in Waukee, maybe they dont figure they need this facility and will only use the original one in Ames.

That will make 3 facilities in same location now. BBall, Wrestling, and Volleyball (converting from tennis, when it moves out to research park)

Still room for a building or 2 next to them, lot of options there.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea to build an "athletes village" style dorm like Kentucky or a couple others did.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Wouldn't be a terrible idea to build an "athletes village" style dorm like Kentucky or a couple others did.
I could see a "performance center" similar to the Stark, but for those specific sports there, with nutrition, academic, lounge etc. in that location.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
Maybe I missed it or they didn't show it.. do the coaches have office space elsewhere?
The coaches' offices are located in the Jacobson building! I was curious why they didn't include them in this only because basketball now has their offices located in their Sukup practice facilities this is going next to.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The coaches' offices are located in the Jacobson building! I was curious why they didn't include them in this only because basketball now has their offices located in their Sukup practice facilities this is going next to.
You didn't see the 3 coaches chilling in the hot tub in the virtual walkthrough?

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
@jcordova8 can you merge the two new facility threads?

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
AIA’s new facility in waukee looks like it’s going to be unreal, but it’s still crazy that the Fieldhouse is less than 10 years old. I assume it’s a way for Jensen to kick a little more into ISU athletics- does anyone know what the value of the building actually is? Is $15Ma good deal for us?

“The metal for some of the chairs came from Yankee Stadium. The Fieldhouse was modeled after several facilities at places such as Duke and Butler.”

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
AIA’s new facility in waukee looks like it’s going to be unreal, but it’s still crazy that the Fieldhouse is less than 10 years old. I assume it’s a way for Jensen to kick a little more into ISU athletics- does anyone know what the value of the building actually is? Is $15 a good deal for ISU athletics?

“The metal for some of the chairs came from Yankee Stadium. The Fieldhouse was modeled after several facilities at places such as Duke and Butler.”

So is AIA going to be based in Waukee? Or will they have multiple locations?

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
So is AIA going to be based in Waukee? Or will they have multiple locations?
I wondered that as well as their new Kettlestone Central Sports Complex won’t be complete until 2025 and ISU wrestling expects the fieldhouse Reno to be complete by fall 2025.

They still have Canyon Hopkins in Ames, but not much area there. I’m not sure if they use the recplex in WDM at all?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I may have missed it, but are the coaches offices going to be here?