New Music Releases 2017

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Has been stated on here earlier, but Milky Chance's new album "Blossom" comes out in a week.

Just released the title track yesterday (now have that and Coccon out from this album)

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
New Isbell:

He also has a release coming out on Record Store Day (which is April 22, and probably merits its own thread). It's a cover album recorded at a Nashville studio called Welcome to 1979. I can't link to the site from my work computer, but the track listing is:

1. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (Jagger/Richards)
2. Storm Windows (John Prine)
3. Heart on a String (Jackson/Buckins)
4. Atlantic City (Springsteen)
5. Sway (Jagger/Richards)
6. Never Gonna Change (Isbell)

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I generally prefer Wilco to Son Volt, but I really like the new one.

That said, "Trace" is the best album anyone associated with Uncle Tupelo made.

I don't mind Wilco, but I am a Farrar fan until I die. Love me some Son Volt. Windfall may be my favorite song of all time.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Damn, I almost went. I really like their new single.
Yeah, they played that in their Encore. I have been to a lot of different genres of music concerts, and rock always sounds the best as far as the instruments sound, vocals are always different depending on the setting. And PTM's distinct sounds and change in tempo throughout their songs are even more prevalent in a intimate setting like First Ave. Totally worth it, and for relatively cheap compared to what they usually price their concerts.

Would highly recommend going to their concert the next time they make their way around the US. With Woodstock rumored to be coming out at end of April-early May I would be surprised if they don't announce another tour for the end of 2017 or something.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but made some waves in the music/hip-hop scene last week.
Kendrick Lamar released a track titled (The Heart Part 4) calling out a specific rapper. Who the rapper who he was calling out is, is up for debate because he did not say a specific name. The two top candidates people believe it is, is Drake or Big Sean. Anyway, the song itself only has a specific portion of it that is "calling out the rapper" then at the end he basically says to the whole rap community that they have until April 7th to "get their **** together" so people are assuming that his new album will be released then.

Yesterday he released his second song, "HUMBLE.", via VEVO, where people are also assuming that he is going after Big Sean or Drake again. The song is a different style from 'The Heart Part 4' but very Kendrick. Love the music video as well, really cool visuals.

It is safe to say I can't wait for April 7th, and really hope we don't have another DETOX on our hands

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Kodak Black dropped a new album
2e4e130efa52437433e5619aeea0daa9.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron