Alert: NEW SITE SPONSOR: Karl Chevrolet

Leidang

Apr 27, 2006
I've bought every car I ever owned from Karl's.

A couple quick stories....

My first car ever, an 82' Camaro, blows the engine one day, cracked block. Way out of warranty. I have it towed to Karl's to diagnose. They pull the engine and call me to come down. I get there and the guy shows me the broken crank shaft and the big air bubble in the middle of it right where it cracked. Tells me it was a manufacturing defect and they'll take care of it and bill Chevy, even though it's out of warranty. A week later brand new engine... no bill. Amazing. Would have been easy to just sell me an engine or another car, I would have never known.

A couple years ago my wife's Malibu had an issue with the AC.. it would work and then stop occasionally. We brought it in several times but they couldn't re-create it and had replaced the easy stuff but it kept happening. While this was going on the warranty expired. One day my wife was picking it up for the 5th or 6th time and it stopped working again before it was out of the lot. She lost it (I wasn't with) she went back in and asked to see Karl. She got in to see him in about 15 minutes and was telling him the story and started crying because she was so frustrated. He called a tech in and told him to replace every part that could possibly touch or affect the AC.... Including the wiring harness throughout the car and he wanted it back to us the next day. No charge. Also gave her a loaner car for the day. Haven't had an issue with it since.

Their dealer for life slogan may be corny but their actions have made it true for me.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Is there where I come to blame Karl Chevrolet for the server hiccup we had during the MBB game earlier?

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Congrats on the new sponsor, always had good experiences at Karl!. We've bought two vehicles from Matt Reaman in Fleet Sales, we will work with him again if we buy another Chevy.

So, any chance of coupons making a comeback???

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I've bought every car I ever owned from Karl's.

A couple quick stories....

My first car ever, an 82' Camaro, blows the engine one day, cracked block. Way out of warranty. I have it towed to Karl's to diagnose. They pull the engine and call me to come down. I get there and the guy shows me the broken crank shaft and the big air bubble in the middle of it right where it cracked. Tells me it was a manufacturing defect and they'll take care of it and bill Chevy, even though it's out of warranty. A week later brand new engine... no bill. Amazing. Would have been easy to just sell me an engine or another car, I would have never known.

A couple years ago my wife's Malibu had an issue with the AC.. it would work and then stop occasionally. We brought it in several times but they couldn't re-create it and had replaced the easy stuff but it kept happening. While this was going on the warranty expired. One day my wife was picking it up for the 5th or 6th time and it stopped working again before it was out of the lot. She lost it (I wasn't with) she went back in and asked to see Karl. She got in to see him in about 15 minutes and was telling him the story and started crying because she was so frustrated. He called a tech in and told him to replace every part that could possibly touch or affect the AC.... Including the wiring harness throughout the car and he wanted it back to us the next day. No charge. Also gave her a loaner car for the day. Haven't had an issue with it since.

Their dealer for life slogan may be corny but their actions have made it true for me.

So Mr. Karl has a CF account, that's pretty cool

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Do you guys keep the dealer logo on your car after you buy it? I overthink things too much to ever buy a new car but the used ones I've bought I always tell the dealer to remove it. I definitely would with Karl because of that cartoony-looking K.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Do you guys keep the dealer logo on your car after you buy it? I overthink things too much to ever buy a new car but the used ones I've bought I always tell the dealer to remove it. I definitely would with Karl because of that cartoony-looking K.

I purchased a truck there a couple a month ago and the first thing I did when I got home was remove that hideous sticker.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Tell them to take it off before you buy it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

They way my brain works is that if I leave it on, then they somehow know I bought it there, and that will somehow benefit me when it's serviced.