New to Cyclone Fanatic

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Welcome Phaedrus!!! This is a great site, I use to belong to CyNation and currently to CR, but this board has the best ISU fans around. Of course you'll have your "doomsdayers" here but they aren't all that bad compared to CR (I rarely go to their board).

I've never been addicted to a board, but this one grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go. I'm not allowed on the internet at work, but sometimes I find a computer and just have to find out what's going on here.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I have wondered for awhile, what is a Phaedrus? I'm not trying to be a smartalec. it is just a unique name.

Phaedrus (dialogue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Also the "alter-ego" in Robert Pirsig's "Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance".

I write for a living. 345 posts is really that not much effort, on my part, and it helps to keep my creative juices flowing while I'm at work.

Actually, the relatively large amount of fun, informative and evocative subjects is PRECISELY why I value this forum so much. The other forums I belong to are neither as diverse, nor are they as provocative as this one.

Last edited:

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
Actually, I've been "lurking" for some time now, but finally decided to sign up and post an introduction. I'm a long time Iowa State Fan, started following the Cyclones around 1968.

Married, with two daughters, both teenagers, and both of whom are planning on attending ISU. My interests include beating the Hawks, working out, and competitive shooting. (See the above about having two teenaged daughters.)

I look forward to interacting with Cyclone fans on this site.

I have two pre-teen daughters and a 52" claymore. I intend to sharpen my sword whenever they bring a boy around.

A belated welcome!

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I have two pre-teen daughters and a 52" claymore. I intend to sharpen my sword whenever they bring a boy around.

A belated welcome!

Do you know the words to "Men of Harlech" too?

Men of Harlech stop your dreaming
Can't you see their spear points gleaming
See their warrior pennants streaming
To this battlefield
Men of Harlech stand ye steady
It cannot be ever said ye
For the battle were not ready
Stand and never yield
From the hills rebounding
Let this song be sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding
Men of Harlech on to glory
This will ever be your story
Keep these burning words before ye
Welshmen will not yield

http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/myths/menofharlech.mp3
Shiver me timbers.

Last edited:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
welcome aboard.get your daughters interested in skeet shooting.then we might find them in the olympics following the coming olympics.

Help Support Us

Become a patron