Iowa State Uniform Discussions

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I have a question.

Why don't they put the chrome "I State" logo on the red helmets we are wearing tomorrow? Would be a much better look.

I don't have an answer, Big Bert.
Change comes slow. A lot of changes already this year. Where I work, they might talk about a good change, then say they'll do it, then vote or committee, then 3 years later they are still talking about it. One step at a time I guess.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
...especially when you see the old yellow pants and white jersey for practice...and imagine with a white helmet. Oh well, some people will never be happy! :) (<--looks in mirror) the new unis will be nice this year, and hopefully gold pants and helmets will be added in coming years. (I can skip a gold jersey if it means all gold - w/g/w would be nice though...a lot of the recruit locker room pics featured prior gold one, FWIW.) Anyway, Go Fighting Blood Clots this weekend!
Your post made me think, what would a w/g/w look like in the new style? It wouldn't be too hard, I'll work on it. I think it would look pretty good, and it would be neat to have an occasional gold jersey option in the future.

And I agree with you, "the new unis will be nice this year, and hopefully gold pants and helmets will be added in coming years" (and maybe gold jersey from time to time).

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Took a quick stab at some uniform combos for this season. Figured we'd go all black for the OU game. Also thought it'd be cool to wear all black for Homecoming/Halloween vs TTU.

DlIdPyAUYAAafWv.jpg

2/2.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT NONE OF US KNOW?!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am sad we got away from C-W-C with the last set.

Glad to see it back!

• Agree
Reactions: k123

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Took a quick stab at some uniform combos for this season. Figured we'd go all black for the OU game. Also thought it'd be cool to wear all black for Homecoming/Halloween vs TTU.

DlIdPyAUYAAafWv.jpg

I hope you're wrong for TTU, since we'd look like we were Tech...unless that is the Halloween "trick" :) I hope you are right for Baylor though - I think that W/R/W will look nice.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Having seen the new uni's for all of 4 minutes of game time, I really really liked them.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
This was my uniform combo set I posted in the thread a while back. However, it has customized versions w/ the (non-existent) gold, so obviously I won't get those correct. But I am 2-for-2 so far!

ISU-my uniform combos remixed.jpg

Edit: Also we'd probably see at least one more all-white on the road, I have it only once in my sample. I'd probably use it vs. KU instead of my C-W-W (to stay away from red, one of Kansas colors)

• Useful
Reactions: Cyke and cymonw1980

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I've got b/b/c game 3 vs. OU

But, how about this for "at Iowa" in 2 years, b/g/b (or even Home game next year)? And I'm only half kidding. I don't think we should do predominant black/gold against Iowa anytime, rather show our cardinal/gold. On the other hand, these don't look too bad, for a black/gold change of pace (for any game but Iowa).
Cy Uniforms 2018  d16a - b y b  Std Red I I-St White face CYCLONES.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
...especially when you see the old yellow pants and white jersey for practice...and imagine with a white helmet. Oh well, some people will never be happy! :) (<--looks in mirror) the new unis will be nice this year, and hopefully gold pants and helmets will be added in coming years. (I can skip a gold jersey if it means all gold - w/g/w would be nice though...a lot of the recruit locker room pics featured prior gold one, FWIW.) Anyway, Go Fighting Blood Clots this weekend!

I just had to do it, made up the gold jersey, collar w/ just a little black. Here is a w/g/w, black facemask.
Cy Uniforms 2018  d6a - w y w Std I-St Blk face CYCLONES.jpg

Reactions: k123 and CYCLNST8