Niang and Hogue

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
They have combined for 17 turnovers the last two games. That's not something we can ignore. What is going on with them?

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
Niang actually has an excuse. He gets the ball a lot more and tries to create, so you're going to have a couple. Hogue barely gets the ball and all of his were on bad passes, he has no excuse.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Niang actually has an excuse. He gets the ball a lot more and tries to create, so you're going to have a couple. Hogue barely gets the ball and all of his were on bad passes, he has no excuse.
10 second violation where he literally tried to walk all the way up the court and ran out of time? Inbound pass where he threw it to no-man's land instead of calling timeout and they scored the go-ahead bucket?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
10 second violation where he literally tried to walk all the way up the court and ran out of time? Inbound pass where he threw it to no-man's land instead of calling timeout and they scored the go-ahead bucket?

The 10 second thing I thought was (semi) understandable. I didn't think he thought there was a whole lot of pressure there, and the rest of the team didn't either, because they didn't help him out when the defenders did get on him. Plus he did get the timeout called in time which was clear on replay.

The inbound pass that pretty much gave the game away was awful though but we don't know who deserves the blame for that, and how much. Obviously somebody was supposed to do something different based on how it was drawn up.

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
They have combined for 17 turnovers the last two games. That's not something we can ignore. What is going on with them?

Niang reads too many of the press clippings and Hogue is trying to fit the ball into places it doesn't belong. Holberg has said it multiple times; he doesn't know why they do it after being coached.

Niang is not going to lead this team anywhere.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale

to be fair, on the 10 second call he did call a timeout but it was a bad call by the ref.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Here's a screenshot of the situation right after Niang passed the ball.

attachment.php

He passed to McKay who was obviously covered. If it was a poorly run play, Niang had a timeout to call and didn't call it. It appears he just thought he could fit it in that gap.

Attachments

• Georges pass.jpg
    Georges pass.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,933

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Georges had a great 38 minutes. The last two were terrible.
On the 10 second call, you can't pick up ball right before half court line.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
No one knows what Hogue is going to show up for a game. He's a ******* beast at times and someone you don't want on the floor at other times.

I'm gonna miss him next year, but he's definitely replaceable.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Georges had a great 38 minutes. The last two were terrible.
On the 10 second call, you can't pick up ball right before half court line.

And apparently you also can not count on Big 12 officials to follow the rules, and actually wait until 10 seconds to make the call.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
No one knows what Hogue is going to show up for a game. He's a ******* beast at times and someone you don't want on the floor at other times.

The last 2 games he has played like a junior high kid. Probably has 10 unforced turnovers in those games.

sportster40

Feb 14, 2015

The past few games I can't and won't disagree with your sentiment. But I also feel like there's something 'off' with the Hoguey Bear...just hasn't had that same 'wild' look in his eyes that we've all come to love, nor his typical energy. Had a couple big boards but don't seem him all over the floor like even a couple weeks ago.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Something is not quite right with them attm. Execution was not good at the end, still had a good chance to win if we don't give them that run out dunk, need better composure and patience out of Georges imo.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Georges should get a break on the high TO total. He would be a lot more efficient if we has two capable playmakers in the backcourt. Hopefully Cooke is ready and 100% for next year, otherwise maybe we go get another pg.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Here's a screenshot of the situation right after Niang passed the ball.

attachment.php

He passed to McKay who was obviously covered. If it was a poorly run play, Niang had a timeout to call and didn't call it. It appears he just thought he could fit it in that gap.

Thanks. I was at the WBB game and only had audio call of the play. Agree call the timeout or it's looks like Monte had his man beat so throw it long to him. This loss was inexcusable.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
And apparently you also can not count on Big 12 officials to follow the rules, and actually wait until 10 seconds to make the call.
Inbounded the ball with 31 seconds left. Call was made with 21 seconds left. That's 10 seconds.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron