Nikki Moody sues Bill Fennelly over Racial Discrimination...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
How not? The playbook is in front of us - claim racism, stick to your guns, get settlement $ because the school/state doesn't want to go through a trial.

Or sexism, or anti-gay, or whatever, just look at the other University that got hit a heck of a lot harder. Just find some way to make yourself a victim. Works for just about anyone except white men.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Or sexism, or anti-gay, or whatever, just look at the other University that got hit a heck of a lot harder. Just find some way to make yourself a victim. Works for just about anyone except white men.
White men can be gay, disabled and they generally eventually age to over 40. Heck, you can make a case for discrimination if you are straight and are perceived to be gay. They could also be in a protected class due to a religion they practice.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
White men can be gay, disabled and they generally eventually age to over 40. Heck, you can make a case for discrimination if you are straight and are perceived to be gay. They could also be in a protected class due to a religion they practice.

Creative, I guess I just don't try to find ways to think of myself as a victim and certainly not to bring lawsuits against people.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I would take $35,000 tomorrow happily enough. :)

She got $35,000 but also a big old hiring black mark when she goes to change jobs, interview etc. Why the hell would you want to hire some one who wants to sue if something doesn't go their way. Things went her way at ISU way to much and she still sued. She got 35k but it's too bad the didn't run it thru trial so she would have had to pay her lawyers out of her own pocket, unless they took it straight commission on a win. Oh well at least it's over. (probably)

• Agree
Reactions: ISU71

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Anyone know what she is up to these days? I don't think she is playing professionally overseas.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Creative, I guess I just don't try to find ways to think of myself as a victim and certainly not to bring lawsuits against people.
I don't either. But to characterize discrimination as something that doesn't protect/get abused by- depending on the merits of the case - white men is just wrong.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't either. But to characterize discrimination as something that doesn't protect/get abused by- depending on the merits of the case - white men is just wrong.
What does this post mean? I'm sure it's just I'm.overtired.

ISU71

Jan 16, 2013
Nor will she ever be invited to any ISU WBB alumni events. She wouldn't come anyway. Just sayin'.

She sealed her fate with ISU.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
She was paid $60,000 to just go away. Her playing stats are facts that t will remain in the media guide and record books, but she will never have her jersey hung or even get nominated for the Cyclone Hall of Fame.
Lol. For better or worse, Moody's career here was more than just "stats."
1. She was a 4-year starter
2. She is the all-time assists leader at Iowa State, which could be called "point guard U"
3. She was honorable mention all-American her senior year
4. We won lots of games due in large part to Moody's impact both offensively and defensively

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Lol. For better or worse, Moody's career here was more than just "stats."
1. She was a 4-year starter
2. She is the all-time assists leader at Iowa State, which could be called "point guard U"
3. She was honorable mention all-American her senior year
4. We won lots of games due in large part to Moody's impact both offensively and defensively
Discuss that with Hall of Famer Pete Rose.