***NIL Mafia***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Because of the star confirmation, yes

Is it fair to say that despite this post on Tuesday, January 24:
It’s ok if you guys vote me out - it’ll probably be a few years before I develop and make a positive impact on the program.

Followed by this post, January 25:
Cubs was investigated and seems to be an inno, but that will be the last investigation we can make. So I’m assuming cubs, Brett, cleaver, Michael, SaraV, and Cy$ are all inno, along with myself.

And then this post Sunday afternoon:
The small schools were also told the number of stars each person was when they were recruited. It might be interesting to have @michaelrr1 @ISUCubswin and @Bret44 each hint at their number of stars, just to see if it matches what I have (I’m not sure if the head coach would know). Cy$ has already noted that he’s a 4 star, which matches our investigation.

Followed by this post Monday morning:
I am very anti-just explicitly stating your role as it takes away from the game. Just feels like a part of the integrity of the game is taken away.

That being said, I’ve left a trail. Most specifically, don’t expect me to make an impact right away, hopefully by my senior year I can develop into a productive role player.
and immediately after
I am very anti-just explicitly stating your role as it takes away from the game. Just feels like a part of the integrity of the game is taken away.

That being said, I’ve left a trail. Most specifically, don’t expect me to make an impact right away, hopefully by my senior year I can develop into a productive role player.

That there is zero evidence of BSalty confirming Cubs identity, thus making Cubs potentially the Head Coach, and worth voting for?

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
Is it fair to say that despite this post on Tuesday, January 24:

Followed by this post, January 25:

And then this post Sunday afternoon:

Followed by this post Monday morning:

and immediately after

That there is zero evidence of BSalty confirming Cubs identity, thus making Cubs potentially the Head Coach, and worth voting for?
I appreciate the defense. Who do you think the last mafia is?

I probably won’t back on until 7:30ish.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I appreciate the defense. Who do you think the last mafia is?

I probably won’t back on until 7:30ish.
I will get there. First, I ask if the following factors play a role in your final vote.

1. BSalty confirmed Bret's stars as a recruit, thus Bret will not be receiving a vote from you
2. BSalty did not confirm Cubs stars as a recruit, thus Cubs MAY receive a vote from you

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I will get there. First, I ask if the following factors play a role in your final vote.

1. BSalty confirmed Bret's stars as a recruit, thus Bret will not be receiving a vote from you
2. BSalty did not confirm Cubs stars as a recruit, thus Cubs MAY receive a vote from you
True

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I guess I'm a bit confused, then.

I absolutely agree with your logic - As he said Sunday afternoon, if Salty gives you a star confirmation, you should, generally, be cleared. The only exception would be if the mafia Head Coach knew what their stars would be if they were recruited, which from my understanding, that's unclear. However, let's look at that logic in action:

Post #1025
If you need a three point field goal, I'll reopen my recruitment.
Post #1026
steph-curry-basketball.gif
Post #1027
The last game I played in I had 2 points, 2 assists, 2 rebounds, and 2 fouls.
Post #1028
That’s how I scored it.

So...Michael explicitly states his stars. It gets confirmed. Bret explicitly states his stars. It gets confirmed. All in consecutive order of posts. Lets look at what plays out...

Monday morning:
I also don't like michael's voting record. He'd be my 2nd based off purely voting.

Tuesday morning:
To me Day 6 is the key. Even keeping Psy for one more night would have been valuable as they could have grown mafia by one member. My top 4 in order of suspicion are:

1. Michael
2. Cubs
3. Bret
4. Farnsy

Vote michael. Day 2, 6, 8, are as mafia as you can get.

Wednesday morning:
I still have doubts on michael. Voting record couldn't be more mafia but I'm willing to hold off if that is the consensus.

I'm just confused why you're feeling so good about Bret but had such high doubts on Michael?

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I guess I'm a bit confused, then.

I absolutely agree with your logic - As he said Sunday afternoon, if Salty gives you a star confirmation, you should, generally, be cleared. The only exception would be if the mafia Head Coach knew what their stars would be if they were recruited, which from my understanding, that's unclear. However, let's look at that logic in action:

Post #1025

Post #1026

Post #1027

Post #1028

So...Michael explicitly states his stars. It gets confirmed. Bret explicitly states his stars. It gets confirmed. All in consecutive order of posts. Lets look at what plays out...

Monday morning:

Tuesday morning:

Wednesday morning:

I'm just confused why you're feeling so good about Bret but had such high doubts on Michael?
His voting record was the worst of anyone which is what I typically vote on.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Ladies and gentlemen and Dandy of the mafia universe, may I defend myself first before making my "who is mafia" claim.

1. In regards to the charges pertaining Cubs' voting record:
Cubs voting for Fitzy three days in a row looks good but he had attempted mafia saving votes on Day 2 and 6. Could have tried to look good later.

Day 2 vote count prior to my vote:
5 - CTown
4 - Dandy
3 - Salty
3 - Cleaver
3 - Psyclone

Day 2 was throwing darts, but I would hardly call that "attempted mafia saving." Additionally, that day ended early and I didn't have a chance to rescind my vote when it got closer.

Day 6 vote count prior to my vote:
3 - Farnsy
3 - Azuth
2 - Spiker
1 - 3 Other People including one mafia

I would hardly call this "attempted mafia saving" when the mafia member was at the bottom of 7 people receiving votes. Additionally, I was not on the rest of the night after my vote.

2. In regards to the lack of confirmation from BSalty:
Salty never confirmed your stars either even though you cleverly posted twice. People do that by mistake all the time btw. I haven't actually hinted at my stars but like some of us discussed earlier in the game, the hints don't mean anything.

I, and a few members, including yourself if I stand corrected, are anti-blatantly stating your role. It takes quite a bit out of the game. As I stated a few minutes ago

Before BSalty announced I was innocent, as I was nearly voted out:
It’s ok if you guys vote me out - it’ll probably be a few years before I develop and make a positive impact on the program.
After BSalty announced I was innocent, which I posted in duplicate form:

Listen, I'll be the first to admit I could've made this easier by just explicitly stating my number of stars instead of making a confusing post alluding to what I was and praying BSalty would figure it out. I just have never felt comfortable with that style of mafia, but I can see now it was a mistake not outting myself earlier. If it's what ends up being the final nail in the coffin, fine, but it's not like a trail was never left.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneNorth

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
"I, and a few members, including yourself if I stand corrected, are anti-blatantly stating your role. It takes quite a bit out of the game."

I agree with this too. I can't decide if it's different in this game since anyone can just say 2, 3, or 4 stars or if that's the same as outing your role in another game.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I’m positive I’ll end up dying 3-1 or 2-1 because of this but here we go.

Vote Bret

1) Not the most important factor, but he certainly does have the worst voting record.

2) The quietness along with being on clap watch night one has allowed him to slide by all game. I would guess that if he were head coach, he would have some form of communication with the mayor on who to kill to ensure he gets the hits in.

3) Day 1, in which he was put on clap watch, the mayor specifically made a post at the end of the day saying specials have until 7:30 the next morning. Shockingly, the night kill wasn’t announced until 7:51 the next morning. Most other kills were announced at night.

4) An exception was Monday nights kill, which wasn’t announced until Tuesday at 6:31am. Bret posted at 6:32am.

5) I would bet all three of my testicles the Head Coach knew what their stars would be if recruited.

6)There really wasn’t any reason not to double day yesterday except 60 seconds after the mayor announced it wouldn’t be a double day, Bret said he wouldn’t be on at all the rest of the day

7) While I would guess Bret told the mayor who to kill during the middle of the day kill, I can confirm Fitzy does have the phone numbers of Cubs, Vikes, and Bret. Online status for todays kill is not a reliable source of information.