Northern Iowa suspends 18 athletes

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Probably because 3/4's of them were for mip's from busted house parties, nothing really to get worked up about.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Probably because 3/4's of them were for mip's from busted house parties, nothing really to get worked up about.

Well, I might disagree if the following is true. Is this a UNI policy, or an NCAA rule:

Dannen said the women's swimming program was forced to stop recruiting three potential athletes, all of the them underage, because they were at a party where alcohol was served.

San Francisco Cy

Jun 12, 2008
San Francisco
Well, I might disagree if the following is true. Is this a UNI policy, or an NCAA rule:

Dannen said the women's swimming program was forced to stop recruiting three potential athletes, all of the them underage, because they were at a party where alcohol was served.

Are you implying that recruitable student athletes are going to parties with alcohol being served when they are on recruiting visits? I don't believe that! I hope we never sign anybody like that! :wink:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I am pretty positive that is not an NCAA rule. I know of plenty of recruits at ISU and other schools who go to parties and I don't think thats a big deal afterall it is part of the college experience.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
It hasn’t got much attention yet because the charges did not include a gang rape, the University and Athletic Department did not make a concerted effort to keep the investigation “in-house”, and the University did not purposely withhold letters from the victim’s family to the University President.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
It hasn’t got much attention yet because the charges did not include a gang rape, the University and Athletic Department did not make a concerted effort to keep the investigation “in-houseâ€￾, and the University did not purposely withhold letters from the victim’s family to the University President.

Yeah, because that's the only arrest press Iowa athletics gets.

See MontyBurns' signature - the majority of the problems have been drinking violations. So, I guess if these 18 guys aren't a big deal, then neither are about 18 of Iowa's arrests.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
See MontyBurns' signature - the majority of the problems have been drinking violations. So, I guess if these 18 guys aren't a big deal, then neither are about 18 of Iowa's arrests.

Yep, why make a big deal out of these?

Cedric Everson, sexual assault
Abe Satterfield, sexual assault
James Cleveland, possession of a controlled substance
Arvell Nelson, possession of a controlled substance
Dominique Douglas, theft
Dana Brown, domestic assault
Anthony Bowman, credit card fraud
Dominique Douglas, credit card fraud
Ben Evans, DUI
Dana Brown, theft
Bradley Fletcher, DUI
Dana Brown, theft

Pretty minor stuff, not a big deal. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

MillerTime

Sep 29, 2008
Ames
Yeah, because that's the only arrest press Iowa athletics gets.

Typical Hawkeye fashion -- making it look like it's not a big deal. Go back to complaining about your coaches.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yep, why make a big deal out of these?

Cedric Everson, sexual assault
Abe Satterfield, sexual assault
James Cleveland, possession of a controlled substance
Arvell Nelson, possession of a controlled substance
Dominique Douglas, theft
Dana Brown, domestic assault
Anthony Bowman, credit card fraud
Dominique Douglas, credit card fraud
Ben Evans, DUI
Dana Brown, theft
Bradley Fletcher, DUI
Dana Brown, theft

Pretty minor stuff, not a big deal. Nothing to see here, move along folks.

How many of those guys are still on the team? 1?

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Underage drinking....??? Comeon. Back in the day before the Internet you would probably see the whole football team at a party, drinking and smoking weed untouched by the media or cops. This UNI issue is stupid.. 18 athletes pratically all at one party getting underage drinking is weak. I don't think they need suspended. Their coaches just need to have practice with them and once practice is over put 60 minutes on the clock. make the run and do drills until the throw up or pass out. Lessoned learned.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron