Norvel Pelle to visit San Diego St.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Going to San Diego this summer, what should we do while we are there? Need some help from a resident expert.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
Correct, SDSU not USD or UCSD but San Diego State University. We know about those Yackrabbits.

South Dakota State University was renamed to its current name in 1964.
San Diego State University was renamed in the early 1970s.

Therefore, South Dakota St. was SDSU before San Diego St. was SDSU.

Eat that, Yaztecs.

FishinAZTEC

Mar 23, 2012
South Dakota State University was renamed to its current name in 1964.
San Diego State University was renamed in the early 1970s.

Therefore, South Dakota St. was SDSU before San Diego St. was SDSU.

Eat that, Yaztecs.

Haha, it's all good! Didn't we play you guys in round ball 2 years ago? I know you guys are pretty good because you stomped WA in Seattle!

As far as SDSU goes you gotta fight that one with ESPN, I noticed they used SDST for the Jackrabbits. Enjoy the weekend!

Nov 9, 2009
Ames
what I don't get is that nothing has been said or written that we even have a chance at this kid but we have a 6 page thread on him and he's mentioned numerous times in the "next years lineup" threads. What did I miss?

He was scheduled to visit ISU during the weekend of the home game with Baylor, but did not come due to, if I remember correctly, a family emergency.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
Going to San Diego this summer, what should we do while we are there? Need some help from a resident expert.

Not a resident expert, but I am a recent visitor. You must plan on spending time in La Jolla. It is a really nice place to bum around on the coast and there were plenty of nice shops. Padres also have a really nice stadium if you can catch a game there. Don't bother going to Tijuana. Twenty years ago it was a fun little tourist trap. Now it is just plain scary.

FishinAZTEC

Mar 23, 2012
Not a resident expert, but I am a recent visitor. You must plan on spending time in La Jolla. It is a really nice place to bum around on the coast and there were plenty of nice shops. Padres also have a really nice stadium if you can catch a game there. Don't bother going to Tijuana. Twenty years ago it was a fun little tourist trap. Now it is just plain scary.

Padres game/Gaslamp district is a good day/evening. If you are in La Jolla & get hungry try The Bahia Don Bravo Taco Cafe in Bird Rock. The fish tacos are good & they have a good selection of cold Mexican beers. Old Town off I-5 is historic and also has a good # of Mexican restaurants and shops. Sport fishing could be a fun day or 1/2 day, there are several landings that run 1/2 to multiple day fishing trips. You can check the daily fish counts on the web. Check Point Loma Sportfishing. There is always the beaches from Ocean Beach north to Torrey Pines!

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Coronado island is a good place to rent some bikes and explore a bit and hit a beach. As a family, we didn't find much to do in the Gaslamp district though as an adult out could have been fun. Old Town was a good place to spend an evening. For a more casual atmosphere we really liked PB (Pacific Beach). Spend a day or two there easily each trip. La Jolla is a fun half day but a little upscale for our family (think art galleries). Zoo and Sea World are great things to do for the day, especially with kids.

FishinAZTEC

Mar 23, 2012
Coronado island is a good place to rent some bikes and explore a bit and hit a beach. As a family, we didn't find much to do in the Gaslamp district though as an adult out could have been fun. Old Town was a good place to spend an evening. For a more casual atmosphere we really liked PB (Pacific Beach). Spend a day or two there easily each trip. La Jolla is a fun half day but a little upscale for our family (think art galleries). Zoo and Sea World are great things to do for the day, especially with kids.

PB, The Crystal Pier area & south is a spot my wife & I will have breakfast & take a walk along the beach wall & just watch the surf, surfers & beach life. You can also head inland & NE to the San Diego Wild Animal Park.