Nostalgia - Childhood Toys

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F198497be-6f12-49d9-bc0b-ba23c90e2059_1200x857.jpeg
That was the item that taught me the concept of status symbols.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Lego space was the best. I had a couple big sets and a couple small ones, and it feels like I had a ton. My parents still have them and realize that my son has like 10x as many over the years.

Had a bunch of lego space sets. Probably a major factor in my Aerospace Engineering degree!

Attachments

• 6970-1.jpg
    6970-1.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 4

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
the liquid plastic was quite toxic
Is this the reason for some of your responses on this board?
JK :):):)
Ha ha. I loved the incredible edibles, although they didn't taste nearly as good as I thought they would. We had more fun swirling lots of colors of the goo into the molds.

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
Looking back we did some really stupid things with our toys that seemed like the right thing to do at the time: We played "cowboys" in the hayloft when we were dressed with winter clothes using our daisy BB guns. We went as far as taking the guns apart and stretching'the propulsion spring to see if we could get more power out of them. I mean how could you make a welt on your brother when he was wearing all those layers? Another game we played when we got our first fiberglass bow was to stand in a circle we scratched in the dirt, launch an arrow as straight up as we could with our end goal to see if you could get it to land in the same circle as you were in. The wooden target arrow would disappear out of sight before reappearing with no time to react. Rather exhilarating! We played basketball in our haymow when it was so cold the ball wouldn't bounce. Solution? Fill a vegetable can with gasoline and light the top. You then had a place to warm up hands over the flame--no such thing as hand warmers back then and who shoots with gloves on? What could possibly go wrong with a fire burning in a haymow?

• Wow
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Lol, my dad played with these w my son when he was like 4. Dad would sit in his recliner and toss them to my son, and he would chase them all over hell. But eventually figured out how to catch!
Fondly remember those and nerf balls back in the day. We actually got a new set of these during COVID for the kids.

Reactions: CascadeClone