NBA: Not Happy in LA-LA Land

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
The Lakers will take care of business when they get back home. They can turn their O on and off like a switch, but its driving the Zen master nuts. Kobe will drop 40 at home in game 7. The Lake show like L.A. lives for...wait for it...drama.

Hate that word btw, mtv and the rest of the pop reality world has ruined it.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Hard to tell what will happen if the Lakers win and advance. The match-ups will be interesting, Denver does not have the defensive stoppers to guard Kobe or Odom like Houston does.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I never thought I'd care this much about the NBA again. I'm also still very skeptical about picking up another win in LA. This team is very impressive though, doing well without thier two top players and 2 centers.

Go Rockets!
pict.php

kccyclone

Oct 23, 2006
Olathe, KS
As a Lakers fan, this has to be the most frustrating team I've cheered for in some time. I want to cheer for them because I have been for the last 20 years, but this team is hard to cheer for. They show no heart! They show no toughness! They whine about calls! They get out hustled! All of these are traits I personally hate, but I cheer for them because they are my favorite team. Go Lakers!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I want the Lakers to make it to the finals. Just so then LeBron can outplay Kobe to win his first title and the torch can be passed.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
I'm curious...how does one become a die hard fan of the Lakers AND the Yankees? :confused:
I was a huge Magic Johnson fan when he played for MSU and then followed his career with the Lakers, and grew to love the Showtime days of the 80's. My dad raised me to be a Yankees fan from very early on. Have a problem with that?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The only thing better than seeing the Lakers lose is seeing the Yankees lose.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I was a huge Magic Johnson fan when he played for MSU and then followed his career with the Lakers, and grew to love the Showtime days of the 80's. My dad raised me to be a Yankees fan from very early on. Have a problem with that?

I have been a fan of LA-LAkers since they were the Minneapolis LAkers :jimlad:, even before the Kansas City (Sacramento) Kings moved.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I want the Lakers to make it to the finals. Just so then LeBron can outplay Kobe to win his first title and the torch can be passed.

this implies that Kobe ever had the torch to begin with. Personally, I don't think he ever did. Without Shaq, Kobe hasn't won anything. Yeah he's scored a lot of points, and won some games, but so what? So has Allen Iverson. It all boils down to titles, and he has none without the Diesel.

Reactions: TxCycloneFan

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
this implies that Kobe ever had the torch to begin with. Personally, I don't think he ever did. Without Shaq, Kobe hasn't won anything. Yeah he's scored a lot of points, and won some games, but so what? So has Allen Iverson. It all boils down to titles, and he has none without the Diesel.

And Jordan never won without pippen. It's a team game and the lakers lost more than Shaq. Don't forget that Fisher left also and they went into rebuild mode.

If the lakers go on to win it all suddenly this series 'tested their character', etc.