Not sure how to link

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Good stuff...he could have left out him and yonger doing everything together including showering together...LOL

Reactions: CycloneVet

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
After hearing that it is hard for me to understand how we lost him to Ohio State but I am glad he is back.

I think Dresser knows he cannot go head-to-head with PSU and Iowa right now in recruiting American high school kids year in and year out. I love the concept of bringing in elite international talent. I imagine there are at least 10 kids around the world that would fight for an opportunity to come to the US to compete and get a degree. ISU knows how to do this with golf athletes from Spain and MBB from Germany (Steiger) and Slovokia (Michalík). I am sure wrestlers from Cuba are a different beast when it comes to the NCAA clearinghouse.

Okie State just got a kid from Japan.

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Dresser calling out Yonger was an interesting tid bit. Leaves me excited to see him against high level competition.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Dresser mentioned several guys heading to Nebraska.

Anyone know when/where?

Track shows it's probably the Doane Conner/Oppenheim Open in Crete. Currently shows 9 ISU guys going, doesn't say who those 9 are yet.

Nebraska shows they're sending 7, besides that it looks like D2/NAIA/JuCo teams as far as I can tell.

Valiant Prep from Arizona shows that they're sending some guys also. Maybe Adrian Meza and Kyler Larkin?

• Informative
Reactions: matclone

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Dresser calling out Yonger was an interesting tid bit. Leaves me excited to see him against high level competition.
I’ve had similar thoughts. Mainly how are Yonger’s shots going to work against good heavyweights. It’s one thing to hit a bad shot and make it work against Hill. It is a whole other thing to do it against Kerk or Schultz. You might need a spatula to get Yonger off the mat against Schultz if he just fires off 15 high crotches.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Watching Yonger in that Hill match, man it just seemed like you could tell he was deflated. We needed one of the previous three matches to go our way and he would have been out there with his hair on fire to close it out and bring the house down. I can only imagine how much of a let down it was emotionally for him to watch that go down in front of him, dont blame him for a lackluster performance.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Watching Yonger in that Hill match, man it just seemed like you could tell he was deflated. We needed one of the previous three matches to go our way and he would have been out there with his hair on fire to close it out and bring the house down. I can only imagine how much of a let down it was emotionally for him to watch that go down in front of him, dont blame him for a lackluster performance.
He said that was a disappointment, but he had a job to do!