# of ISU players still in he playoffs

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Has ISU ever had this many former players still in he hunt for the Super Bowl? Almost more than the TOE.;)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's really cool that we don't just have a lot of NFL and NBA guys, it's all stars and pro bowlers and guys making key plays for playoff teams and in the playoffs.

Crazy how DM, Niang and the Klein all having gigantic weeks last week can go under the radar with Brock and Tyrese being mega stars.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Can we no compare absolutely everything to those dipshits? Please.
THIS. I swear it's just Hawkeye fans trolling to mention them in discussions that don't need to involve them at all. I seriously don't know who you people are like this. I am friends with a large group of Cyclone fans and alums...a bunch who are from Eastern Iowa like me. None of us mention U of I when referencing ISU sports to this degree.

Just follow ISU and be happy for Cyclones. Purdy is killin' it. Haliburton is killin' it. Plenty of other ISU alums are big contributors on pro teams. No reason to mention TOE.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Brock played well enough to get the W. Anthony Johnson had what may have been a TD saving shoe string ST tackle. Fun to watch. Montgomery’s turn today and AJ Klein later. not to mention X and Kolar saw action yesterday.

Reactions: nrg4isu

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If the Bills can squeak out a win, the cyclones are guaranteed to have a super bowl champion as we'd have a player on each of the four remaining teams.

That's one of the reasons I am cheering for the Bills.

The other reason is I was a huge Bills fan when they lost the 4 straight Super Bowls so I'd like to see them get back.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
That's one of the reasons I am cheering for the Bills.

The other reason is I was a huge Bills fan when they lost the 4 straight Super Bowls so I'd like to see them get back.
Dolphins fan. I despise the Bills due to that era and yet want them to win today too.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Not been the biggest impact player but you have Charlie Kolar playing with the Ravens, had more time with Mark Andrews out. Lots of Cyclones all around

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Not been the biggest impact player but you have Charlie Kolar playing with the Ravens, had more time with Mark Andrews out. Lots of Cyclones all around
Coaching staff has faith in Kolar. He seems to be on the field in a lot of key situations, especially for his blocking.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I think I asked elsewhere, but not sure the answer. Has ISU ever had player on a SB winning team? It's surely happened, but I can't seem to recall one off the top of my head.

I know Keith Kreple (sp?) scored a TD in Eagles loss back in the day.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Defensive Back for New England during Brady era. Old Man memory failing me.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I think I asked elsewhere, but not sure the answer. Has ISU ever had player on a SB winning team? It's surely happened, but I can't seem to recall one off the top of my head.

Didn’t Steve Wirtel get one with the Rams like 3 years ago?

On a technicality, think he was just practice squad?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

KO was a great player for Baltimore when they won.

Did Reggie Stephens get one?

Reactions: Halincandenza

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron