*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Bruce pearl I’m happy to fist fight. You get another early exit and advise on cbs what coaches and players should do? Lol

cloneclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2018
I think Keshon needs to drive it right at Shannon and see if he can get him in foul trouble early

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Seems like Lipsey and Gilbert are a bit timid when they get into the paint. They get opportunities, just need to go right at them. Really need to get that 3rd foul on Shannon.

Reactions: pulse

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
Milan or Watson has to make a couple shots. Tamin needs to penetrate and finish! They look scared of taking shots in mid range except for curtis.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
TJ getting boat raced in the coaching stat.
I’m pretty sure he has said all week that they need to be patient, move the ball and get good shots. Pretty sure his game plan wasn’t to Jack up a bunch of dumb tough shots early in the shot clock.

• Agree
Reactions: Nococy

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
That has to be one of the worst half's of the year, offense is non rushed and an taking horrible shots. Defensivly lasy fouls 25 feet from hte basket. it was BAD. with that it's a blessing were down 10 should be much more. Get a couple buckets to start th half as soon as we get to a one possesion game Illinois will fold.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Thinking about 2 plays right now:

1) Shannon 3 hits rim, then ceiling, and goes in as their big throws BRR down and gets the foul

2) Keshon picks a pocket and ball flys towards rim and their guy sticks his arm up and forearms it in
Good point, that was a freak 5 points and such a let down for the defense

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I agree, but there have been some lazy plays. wards 3rd foul was a lazy play. Milan’s bad pass lazy. Seems that are getting after lose balls more than us.

That said, they got about 3-4 beneficial bounces that half. We are due.
This is a big pet peeve of mine. It's easy to use the word lazy when a lot of the things you are describing could be caused by hesitation, overthinking, and just not being comfortable in what they are doing. It's incredibly unfair to just assume these guys are being lazy when you have no idea what's going on in their heads. This team is one of the hardest working teams in the country and its bullsh!t when our own "fans" just start calling them lazy when the game isn't going the way we want it too.

And @clonedude dumbing this post tracks perfectly

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Is Gilbert sick or something? He does not look like himself at all. He is usually full of energy…. tonight just looks tired.

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
Our 3 seniors need to decide if they are going to end their careers with a whimper or go out swinging.

Reactions: madguy30

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Part of my knows UCONN is an outstanding team so if we fall here not entirely crushed. I will be more crushed if how we go out is if we have a 2nd half like the 1st.

I want us to go out playing like a know we can play and it's not in the cards so be it.
Agreed. I think there is a pretty low chance for anyone to beat UCONN this year, but if ISU goes down then I just want for it to be with us giving our best shot.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Part of my knows UCONN is an outstanding team so if we fall here not entirely crushed. I will be more crushed if how we go out is if we have a 2nd half like the 1st.

I want us to go out playing like a know we can play and it's not in the cards so be it.
I’m just sick of being weak and timid and playing our worse in big games. It’s in every sport. I’d be ok with a close competitive loss but this ***.* gets old.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Every time the team has played terribly under TJ, it’s really because they get so tight that it affects their shot. The players are working so hard (too hard) that they’ve got all kinds of weird tension, putting crazy spin on the ball and pushing shots way too hard off the backboard. The guys need to play like they have nothing to lose…because they don’t at this point.