*** Official #12 IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Great close out to the half. That will be huge down the stretch. If we match their intensity defensively in the second half we should win this.

Anybody else loving this Kansas beat down?
I'm using my own words right now: "Rock Chalk Jay Hawks? **** you!"

Yeah. I know. Not my finest moment. Oh well...

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
His back might be acting up. He's also had a tough time getting open the last 3 games and you could see the frustration in being blanketed even then (which I think contributed to the Texas undercut which was 100% avoidable).

Hard to attribute how much of his difficulties are due to the back, or to know when it started, but I'd say it's definitely bothering him today.
It's 100% his back and I know exactly when it started. He came down awkwardly getting a big board late on Tuesday and he hasn't been right since.

We can live without him giving us much on the offensive end, but not on D. I love the kid but there have been a few instances today where he just flat hasn't been able to stay in front of his man and that doesn't work with the way we play team defense. We need to think big picture, sit him down, and split his minutes up among a good bench. You don't play through a bad back.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016
will OSU get more than 2 fouls called on them this half? ridiculous. even great teams accidentally commit more fouls than that in 20 minutes.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Hey a$$hole, I'm doing both. You make vague statements about a player being "terrible" and you will get some push-back when they are not. Take a time out Junior.

His arrogance got tiresome a couple of weeks ago.

Kudos for calling him out on it.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Holmes played amazing as point.
There are times when, if Holmes didn’t try to make a tough shot, the shot clock would run out because he’s the only one that will put it up against tough D

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
BS foul and if there was one it was on the floor.

Despite all the fouls, Shoon only has 1. TJ needs to ride the Shoon train as much as possible this half.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I didn't say dirty player, but you could see his frustration (on push offs trying to get separation) the entire game. When you watch the play it's obvious Grill KNEW he was there. Now, I don't think Grill wanted him to go down like that, but if you were to ask me if I thought the contact was avoidable and if it was purposeful my honest answer would be yes.

Does that make him a "dirty" player? I don't think so, but since you like putting words in my mouth maybe I should be asking you how I feel?
It looked pretty clear to me he was trying to box out and did so too late/didn't expect the Texas player to jump so quickly. If you're just here to **** on our players, you're going to get a negative response. But I'm sure it's everyone else that's the problem.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron