*** Official #17 Baylor vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My biggest question is what makes a play reviewable for such an infraction? Why weren't at least three other similar hits from Baylor reviewed? Why just the Freyler hit? None of it makes sense and its just terrible officiating.
Supposedly all plays are reviewed, they stop if they think there is a question. He didn’t need to stop on the spearing because CMC did it for him. He basically said it’s all good apparently or didn’t care to look.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Supposedly all plays are reviewed, they stop if they think there is a question. He didn’t need to stop on the spearing because CMC did it for him. He basically said it’s all good apparently or didn’t care to look.

Then they have issues then if they can't tell the difference. The hit on brock was textbook, leading with crown and head on and clearly visible.
Just doesn't make sense. They have to get this rule fixed. I am probably going to sound like a broken record, but Targeting 1 (incidental, 15 yard penalty, player leaves the game for one play ) Targeting 2 (kill shot ejection)
I know there will be arguments over that also, but I would like something done.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Then they have issues then if they can't tell the difference. The hit on brock was textbook, leading with crown and head on and clearly visible.
Just doesn't make sense. They have to get this rule fixed. I am probably going to sound like a broken record, but Targeting 1 (incidental, 15 yard penalty, player leaves the game for one play ) Targeting 2 (kill shot ejection)
I know there will be arguments over that also, but I would like something done.

To me it's pretty easy to tell the difference between incidental and intentional when it comes to helmet to helmet/targeting.

It's not like Freyler or the BU player weren't both prioritizing just making the play vs. doing something to intentionally injure someone.

Holding, face mask, even horse collar are generally incidental but can compromise the safety, but aren't ejection worthy.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I was at the game yesterday and was going to watch it today on my YouTube recording. I checked this morning it says its unavailable - anybody know why and where I can get a replay?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I was at the game yesterday and was going to watch it today on my YouTube recording. I checked this morning it says its unavailable - anybody know why and where I can get a replay?
Maybe be on ESPN+

Last edited:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Sometimes regular youtube will have full games available. I'd check there.

Reactions: cygrads

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Did Remsburg play much yesterday? There was optimism heading into the game he would play, but I dont remember seeing him out there.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Targeting on ISU was the correct call. The unnecessary roughness may have been that Reeders helmet was seen on the wrong side of the shoulder pad. Weak flag.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
ESPN can **** a ****! This is their moment of outrage from our game.

I felt he recovered it ... but I do not understand how the refs can say there is conclusive evidence he had possession. Getting that call overturned was another failure on the officials turning that game.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I have not seen the angle that cyclonelarry has on that tweet. THAT IS POSSESSION.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
The fact that the Freyler hit was phoned down from the booth at the very beginning of the game and every other targeting was ignored made it seem like it was just an excuse to remove one of our better defensive players from the rest of the game.

In a game where small margins like this can make the difference, that is very frustrating as a fan.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
curious, Brock fumbled before the goal line and recovered it 'down field'. Can the O or ball handler advance a fumble?