NBA: ***Official 2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Defense is going to be a big problem for Golden State this year. This being based on their personnel.

Their bench also is now very lacking. They got rid of 3-5 solid role players for 1 superstar. Starters are going to have to play alot of minutes.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Defense is going to be a big problem for Golden State this year. This being based on their personnel.

The Zaza Pachulia experiment looks like a flop, albeit after only one game. If they can't find a decent rim protector to be on the floor whenever they aren't playing their small lineup, they're going to have an impossible time keeping opponents out of the paint and off the glass.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The Zaza Pachulia experiment looks like a flop, albeit after only one game. If they can't find a decent rim protector to be on the floor whenever they aren't playing their small lineup, they're going to have an impossible time keeping opponents out of the paint and off the glass.

Javale McGee time!

• Optimistic
Reactions: srjclone

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Honestly, I don't really know if Kerr is as great of a coach as the last 2 seasons seemed to suggest. I'm not necessarily saying he's bad either, I just think the verdict is still out. Given that they've made some more definitive moves now with this team (and with staff in Gentry and Walton moving on), I think this season will give us a better indicator on that.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Javale McGee time!

Less depressing or more depressing when you consider the only other options are Kevin Looney, James McAdoo, or running your lineup of death for 30-40 minutes a game all season?

I still consider them the favorites; they'll get better playing together and when they do go small I don't see how they can be defended. But that 66 win over/ under looks silly after last night.

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
If I was Anthony Davis I would get out new orleans. The Pelicans are god awful

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
I dropped him from two of my fantasy teams.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Fred's off to a good start. Bulls 2-0 against teams expected to be much better than Chicago.
Bulls scored 118 tonight in a 30 point win. Fred actually laughed and told some dry humor jokes in the post-game . He also said this team's stars actually "like" eachother .

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This next 6 game stretch will see how improved Chicago is. Features road games in Boston, Indiana, Atlanta

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Honestly, I don't really know if Kerr is as great of a coach as the last 2 seasons seemed to suggest. I'm not necessarily saying he's bad either, I just think the verdict is still out. Given that they've made some more definitive moves now with this team (and with staff in Gentry and Walton moving on), I think this season will give us a better indicator on that.

I hope he stays in coaching so I don't have to listen to him do games again.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Bulls scored 118 tonight in a 30 point win. Fred actually laughed and told some dry humor jokes in the post-game . He also said this team's stars actually "like" eachother .

It's early but it certainly seems like things are going well. Scoring really distributed around the whole team. They really need McD and Mirotic to hit from outside big time off the bench. Canaan will get a lot of minutes if he shoots it like tonight. Will be interesting to see if Valentine develops.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

He really needed a guy like Wade in the locker room last year. Hopefully won't have people airing crap about their coach to the press this year.

• Agree
Reactions: RedDog

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Week 1 Power rankings came out today. Biggest surprise? I'd safely say it's been Chicago so far. Biggest letdown? Dallas? Indiana?

Has anyone else seen the 76ers play yet? I know it's early and his reps have been limited, but Embiid looks damn impressive with plenty of upside for potential.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron