NBA: ***Official 2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
There's some really good first round match-ups. Pacers vs Cavs and Rockets v Thunder, Raptors v Bucks. Jazz vs Clippers should also be an interesting series

The individual battles in CLE vs. IND and OKC vs. HOU will be fun to watch. I don't know if it's much of an upset since it's a 4 vs. 5, but I love Utah over the Clips. I think the window has closed for the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan core. Utah looks ready to make the jump.

• Agree
Reactions: JHUNSY

Desiigner

Jul 6, 2016
The individual battles in CLE vs. IND and OKC vs. HOU will be fun to watch. I don't know if it's much of an upset since it's a 4 vs. 5, but I love Utah over the Clips. I think the window has closed for the Chris Paul/Blake Griffin/DeAndre Jordan core. Utah looks ready to make the jump.
The Jazz are solid with Hayward and Gobert. I hope the Clippers lose in the first round so CP3 will realize he'll never win with the clippers and signs somewhere else in free agency

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I thought I read somewhere that Doc is on the hot seat too? Seems kinda crazy to me but then again they've never been able to turn the corner. That choke against the Rockets really seemed like the year that they finally had a chance to realistically breakthrough. Of course, the Warriors probably would have handled them just as easily as they did with Houston..

Edit:

Found the article:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/galler...ll-enter-the-offseason-on-the-hot-seat-040317

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I thought I read somewhere that Doc is on the hot seat too? Seems kinda crazy to me but then again they've never been able to turn the corner. That choke against the Rockets really seemed like the year that they finally had a chance to realistically breakthrough. Of course, the Warriors probably would have handled them just as easily as they did with Houston..

Edit:

Found the article:

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/galler...ll-enter-the-offseason-on-the-hot-seat-040317

Yeah, could be. If Blake and CP3 decide to opt out he might not be interested in a rebuild job. He could resign before Ballmer gets the chance to fire him. I vaguely recall a rumor about him going back to Orlando in an executive role, but that team is a mess. I'm not sure why he'd want to do that. But if he's tired of coaching it would be a nice way to get off the sidelines.