MLB: ***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Season Thread***

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Well that loss was a bummer, giving up a 3 run homer off the foul pole on a 2 strike pitch with 2 outs in the 10th, after taking the lead in the top of the inning.

At least the Brewers loss also, could have taken over first place.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
I was unable to catch the Cards game last night until the last couple pitches. Did Marmol use one pitcher in the 10th?

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
Espn has TBD for Friday now and Waino on Saturday... already bought Friday tickets... ugh. When is waino pitching?

TomTreebow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2012
Bad series so far in TB after a nice run of games. Gotta salvage a game tomorrow. However, we have seen two very positive outcomes from these two likely losses.

Hudson is finding his groove and his stuff is very hard to hit when going. Top of the rotation hard to hit. Just a matter of keeping the bases clear of walks.

Then O'Neill has looked rusty in the field but he's back hitting the ball with authority. Would love to just leave him in the 6th slot and just let him hit 30 bombs, play GG defense, and live with the strikeouts.

Those two playing to their potential will be huge for the rest of the season.

Reactions: matclone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I remember how Carpenter was so reviled in his last 2 years with the Cardinals. Now Yankee star with 6 HRs in 10 games.

His last two seasons in St. Louis over 400 AB in the span of 180 games Carp hit 7 homeruns, but now he has 6 in 30 ABs in 10 games with the Yanks. Kicker we were paying him $ 39 million for last year and the season before, while the Yanks are paying him $ 2 million.

Can anyone say, "short right field porch" in Yankee Stadium.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
His last two seasons in St. Louis over 400 AB in the span of 180 games Carp hit 7 homeruns, but now he has 6 in 30 ABs in 10 games with the Yanks. Kicker we were paying him $ 39 million for last year and the season before, while the Yanks are paying him $ 2 million.

Can anyone say, "short right field porch" in Yankee Stadium.
And I believe at some point that was “six homers and a single”, or something like that. So it’s not as if he’s consistently getting hits.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The third HS prospect the Cards took high in the ‘20 Draft was Tink Hence. They took it more slowly with him, since he’s even younger than Walker and Winn, but it looks like he might be every bit as talented. Ludicrous stats in limited action this season.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
The third HS prospect the Cards took high in the ‘20 Draft was Tink Hence. They took it more slowly with him, since he’s even younger than Walker and Winn, but it looks like he might be every bit as talented. Ludicrous stats in limited action this season.

Randy Flores is one of the best scouting directors out there. He never gets a first round pick in the top half yet most of his first round picks have been big hits with a few really looking like they will be perennial all stars in the future.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I feel so much for Mikolas last night. I watched the entire game start to finish. Around the 4th or 5th inning I said to myself "man, he is dealing tonight."

I can't imagine being one pitch away from a no-no. I haven't bothered to watch any replays or interviews, but I'm guessing Bader was playing in a little and that's why the ball got over his head. Even with it going to the track, I'm guessing he gets to that ball if he was playing normal depth.

Also, Goldy is a monster.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
I feel so much for Mikolas last night. I watched the entire game start to finish. Around the 4th or 5th inning I said to myself "man, he is dealing tonight."

I can't imagine being one pitch away from a no-no. I haven't bothered to watch any replays or interviews, but I'm guessing Bader was playing in a little and that's why the ball got over his head. Even with it going to the track, I'm guessing he gets to that ball if he was playing normal depth.

The whole outfield was playing in to stop a bloop single that didn’t deserve to be a hit. Cards have had bad luck with no hitters. Shelby Miller gives up a hit the first batter and rattles off 27 straight outs. Wacha and Mikolas lose theirs with one out left. Haven’t had one since 2001.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

matclone

Nov 13, 2016

Yes, Bader was in a bit--not his usual position. Also, it was a line shot that looked like it was straight at him--one of the hardest to read. He gave a good effort but for naught.

I was able to attend the game against the Padres two weeks ago (we swept in three). Yu Darvish walked Goldy on four straight pitches his first two times up and on his next at bat he singled. Pitchers are pitching around him and he's still a hammer.

Last edited:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Yes, Bader was in a bit--not his usual position. Also, it was a line shot that looked like it was straight at him--one of the hardest to read. He gave a good effort but for naught.

I was able to attend the game against the Padres two weeks ago (we swept in three). Yu Darvish walked Goldy on four straight pitches his first two times up and on his next at bat he singled. Pitchers are pitching around him and he's still a hammer.

I was at the Goldy grand slam walk off a few weeks ago against the Jays. It was awesome.

Side note: I thought I was going to see magic that night. I was in STL for a conference and went to the game on a whim. Pujols pinch hits with 1 out in the 10th and a runner on third. Thought for sure I was going to see a Pujols walk-off. But he struck out, sadly. Still a fun ending though!