***Official 2022 Weather Thread***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Might be tough to do in your case to save this spring, but when the opportunity presents....

Get a bunch of fill dirt and simply fill in and compact with your feet around your foundation so it slopes away from your house. This is the 'dirty' secret all those foundation/dry basement companies don't want you to know about. Wife's old house had a terrible problem with wet basements until I did this. Took a few truckloads of dirt, but now the basement has been bone dry ever since, where before it would flood a few times a year.

Don't worry about all the other stuff on here, the slope away from your house will almost certainly solve the problem.

View attachment 107398

How do people not know this?

• Agree
Reactions: herbicide

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
How do people not know this?

Before the year ends you can probably put a fork in the drought on the west coast.

Was humorous listening to a host on TWC saying "yeah, it's going to rain and snow a lot, but it's like it will end just like that. And that's not good".

Is there a factory that produces idiots like that? Because TWC seems to be populated with them.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Aren't part of those Oregon outages because of idiots sabotaging power station/substations etc..?
I don’t think so today - there have been 165,000 without power because of 35-40 mph winds blowing limbs down/on lines.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I don’t think so today - there have been 165,000 without power because of 35-40 mph winds blowing limbs down/on lines.
Plus, the affected counties include where we are, which is ~80+ miles south from Portland.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Well this warm up sucks. Any winter weather on the long term forecast?

How can you not like the warmup?

I love it. I rented a skid loader for tomorrow to do some yard work. And the warmer weather is going to allow me to get my remodel project inside my race hauler done sooner than i expected.

Reactions: NWICY

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
How can you not like the warmup?

I love it. I rented a skid loader for tomorrow to do some yard work. And the warmer weather is going to allow me to get my remodel project inside my race hauler done sooner than i expected.
I think I'm mostly not looking forward to the muddy mess with the dogs. Also we have Christmas at my parents Thursday, would have been nice for the kids to play in the snow vs the mud.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I think I'm mostly not looking forward to the muddy mess with the dogs. Also we have Christmas at my parents Thursday, would have been nice for the kids to play in the snow vs the mud.

That makes sense. Yeah the mud isn't going to be fun.

But I am looking forward to the dogs getting back on schedule instead of the hurry go pee run back in the house, wait a few minutes, hurry go poop then run back in the house that we have to do when it's crazy cold.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I’m in the camp of if it’s going to be cold enough to not really do stuff outside then I want snow on the ground or a little bit of flurries each day. But we don’t get that **** here! Now with the warmup for a bit it just confuses the brain and I am just not a fan of it. It’s going to turn back to cold soon enough so just stay that way.