NFL: **** Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread ****

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I wish I was that optimistic, but they already drafted a WR in an earlier round, they have Metchie getting healthy, and signed Woods and Brown this offseason. I hope he does make it, but we'll see.
They’ll carry at least 6 on the active roster. Metchie may be inactive for a bit, depending on his recovery.

I’d say worst case scenario, he definitely makes the practice squad

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
They’ll carry at least 6 on the active roster. Metchie may be inactive for a bit, depending on his recovery.

I’d say worst case scenario, he definitely makes the practice squad

Teams draft WR/RB at this point looking for special team guys that can fill in at their position when needed. X will have to prove himself invaluable on special teams.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Teams draft WR/RB at this point looking for special team guys that can fill in at their position when needed. X will have to prove himself invaluable on special teams.
Agree. He needs to make plays on ST. NFL teams do seem to prefer using reserve WRs on ST, so he has an advantage

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Iowa underperforms so bad every year with all the NFL talent they have…. it’s pathetic. Can only mean that their coaching staff must be terrible.

Take Riley Moss for example…. he got abused by X…. who might not even get drafted. How does that happen?
You've got a pretty low bar for "abuse". X had 98 yards on 11 catches in that game, 7 of which being for 5 yards or less. He beat Moss on three reps (including the incomplete pass in the end zone that he almost 1-handed). I'm surprised he fell as far as he did, but there's no need to overstate what he did against Moss to illustrate the point.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You've got a pretty low bar for "abuse". X had 98 yards on 11 catches in that game, 7 of which being for 5 yards or less. He beat Moss on three reps (including the incomplete pass in the end zone that he almost 1-handed). I'm surprised he fell as far as he did, but there's no need to overstate what he did against Moss to illustrate the point.
I’m sure Iowa Awesome would agree with you

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
One thing I have noticed, a lot of Cyclone fans really over value players on their team as far as NFL prospects.

I remember someone telling @Jeremy that Hutch was going to go in rounds 1-3 after Jeremy said he d get drafted in the 6th or 7th round if at all, in the “Should X sit the last games” thread, and 2 years ago someone thought 9 Cyclones would get drafted.

Don’t be upset that these players aren’t drafted. There are so many guys out there that you probably haven’t heard of, but guess what, hardly any fans outside of ISU knows about our fringe guys either, so they are thinking the exact same thing. The NFL is a totally different beast.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
One thing I have noticed, a lot of Cyclone fans really over value players on their team as far as NFL prospects.

I remember someone telling @Jeremy that Hutch was going to go in rounds 1-3 after Jeremy said he d get drafted in the 6th or 7th round if at all, in the “Should X sit the last games” thread, and 2 years ago someone thought 9 Cyclones would get drafted.

Don’t be upset that these players aren’t drafted. There are so many guys out there that you probably haven’t heard of, but guess what, hardly any fans outside of ISU knows about our fringe guys either, so they are thinking the exact same thing. The NFL is a totally different beast.
To be fair, ANT had a really high prospect grade. Way higher than X and he didn’t get picked.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I hope my Packers take him, but I don’t think they will. They had a safety from Memphis with similar grade in for a top 30 visit, and they seem to be following that now. Quintus Jackson or something similar. Maybe Packers sign him as UDFA!