NFL: **** Official 2023 NFL Draft Thread ****

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
It's not like it's an official ranking by the NFL. NFL.com is a news site just like ESPN.com or CBSsports.com. They have their own talking heads who do evaluations and rankings. Think of it the same way you think about Mel Kiper Jr's rankings.

Ok, that’s kind of what I figured but he was making it seem like it was an NFL thing. That makes way more sense.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Forgot all about MJ Anderson, who declared early for the draft. He’s listed as the 43rd best player left on ESPN right now. Always was an odd decision.
Yeah if he would have came back and just made a little improvement, he would have been a no doubt draft pick. Was a bad decision to leave early. He cost himself a future in football.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Forgot all about MJ Anderson, who declared early for the draft. He’s listed as the 43rd best player left on ESPN right now. Always was an odd decision.

It was a bad decision. He got some poor advice from someone. Had he stayed at ISU and had a monster year, like I think he would have, he could have been a mid rounder next year.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah if he would have came back and just made a little improvement, he would have been a no doubt draft pick. Was a bad decision to leave early. He cost himself a future in football.
He (MJ) rolled the dice and felt like he needed income now. I would think he will still have a shot as an undrafted free agent. Then, the fall back from that is the USFL? Any other non-nfl leagues still going on?

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
It was a bad decision. He got some poor advice from someone. Had he stayed at ISU and had a monster year, like I think he would have, he could have been a mid rounder next year.
Possibly the advice he got was after Will McDonald left that it would be harder to duplicate his performance since McDonald got double teamed and it freed him up. With McDonald gone the focus from opposing teams would be on him and the double teams would be coming his way.

• Winner
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
So happy! The team I have cheered for my entire life just drafted one of my most beloved Cyclones!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Possibly the advice he got was after Will McDonald left that it would be harder to duplicate his performance since McDonald got double teamed and it freed him up. With McDonald gone the focus from opposing teams would be on him and the double teams would be coming his way.

And that would have been his chance to prove he could still do it. He would have benefited from another year and being "The Man" on the DL.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It will be interesting to see if late round picks can fend off XFL and USFL players for roster spots.
The money isn't even close. Even if a player makes the practice squad of an NFL team, it's still more than they'd get in the XFL or USFL

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Doesn't always happen that way.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
And that would have been his chance to prove he could still do it. He would have benefited from another year and being "The Man" on the DL.
That was the chance he didn’t take so we will never know. Could have risked injury too. I don’t fault him for wanting to get paid after several years of hard work. But you could be right, he may have had a great year and increased his NFL draft potential.